Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Copycat and Downton Abbey


 Debbiedoo’s WinterKnockoff Décor is now going on, although I’m usually late but I had to work today so that always puts me behind, aways but worth it for the extra spending money. So here is my copycat…I usually do a copycat out of Pottery Barn catalog but when I saw this sweet bookpage, heart garland that Angela made over at Number Fifty-Three I had to try it, Angela gives great instructions too! I pinned this also…look how cute it is, I love how it all just blends together. I love the cool owl lamp too, so glad I found mine!
153685406006078646_RWPPvCzm_c
Here is my version of it, I really like how it goes with the heart picture so well.
Valentine heart 001
This picture below will give you a closer look…I made a template out of poster board than traced around the heart using old book pages I then cut out the hearts. I used seven in each pile like Angela did.
Valentine heart 003
I didn’t want a long garland, just long enough to give the mantle some interest!
Valentine heart 008
Valentine heart 006
Valentine heart 006
You can see how I wrapped it around the back of the candle.
Valentine heart 007
All in all I think it turned out super cute and very easy to do, I did get burned though with the hot glue gun which I just don’t get along with. LOL
Valentine heart 007

Downton Abbey, I even love the name, I’m so hooked on this show, did you see it Sunday? I think Elizabeth McGovern played a great acting part too, so had tears in my eyes! I know one thing, I wanted to strangle that obstetrician, didn’t you?
esq-sybil-0113-xlg-63211849
Just can’t get enough of it, now I have to wait a week for more!
PreviewFile.jpg
Thanks so much for stopping by, I so appreciate it!
I’ll be joining these parties:
 
Rondell

20 comments:

cynthia lee designs said...

Your heart garland turned out great...so cute!! Love it on your mantel.
~Cindy

Michele Smith said...

Oh gosh hubby and I LOVE Downton. We watched all of season 3 already and I can't wait for season 4. I will say no more as I don't want to give anything away :)

simple~needs said...

great job!!! i really like that!!

Jeanette@Creating A Life said...

Hello, visiting from twelveOeight. Your heart garland is so cute! And, YES, Downton! Do we really have to wait another week?? Sigh :)

Thanks for sharing your project!

Jeanette @ Creating A Life

Maureen said...

The mantel already looked great, but that adorable heart banner makes it perfect!

Angela Santaniello said...

Your garland came out great! I love how you have your mantel styled and how the garland drapes down. I had planned to do that with mine, but I know it would have been totally destroyed by my cat! Following your blog and thanks so much for the copycat. ;)

Angela

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I love it. YOur garland is wonderful. Such a cute idea. YOur vignette on the mantel is gorgeous. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Rondell I think your neutral Valentine's vignette is so pretty. :D I still haven't seen Downton Abbey...can you believe it? :/

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Great copy Rondell!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Good job on the garland. I cried, too and yes he needed to be shot.

Carol said...

The heart garland is absolutely charming -- its presence is so subtle and delicate!

Haven't watched this week's episode of DA, but several have eluded to the fact that something major happened -- can't wait to watch!

Debbie said...

LOVE your garland, Rondell! It looks great on your mantle.
Yes, I watched...and am hooked also.
xxoo

Gypsy Heart said...

Great job! I think it looks perfect on your mantle.

I LOVE Downton Abbey too! Guess we all have an addiction for it. :) It was so tense and sad and yes, I could have strangled that Dr.!

Have a wonderful week ~
xo
Pat

Ginger Zuck said...

Great copy, you did an excellent job!! Everyone is raving so about Downtown Abbey, I don't have a clue, but I don't watch a lot of TV. I'll have to check it out. Have a great day.

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the garland, Rondell! It looks perfect with the framed hearts you made recently. I'd love to try this! :)

XO,
Jane

NanaDiana said...

Rondell- I love your heart garland- It is sweet and looks so nice paired with your heart picture.

I am hooked on Downton Abbey...so much so that I ordered Season 3 (which has already been filmed in its entirety) and it is on its way to me. I am so sorry that that sweet girl's part on the show has ended. xo Diana

Kelly said...


I really like how cute that garland is. I like how subtle it is too. It's not very bright or large. I managed to watch a little bit of Downton Abbey the other night. I am not a regular viewer of it. Don't know why. I just haven't. I am probably the only one on the planet that isn't too! LOL It did look good. Maybe I can start watching it and catch-up with everyone.

DearHelenHartman said...

I <3 that garland!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Darling garland!

Jocie@TheBetterHalf said...

turned out super cute! and i am in love with Downton Abbey too - I watched the whole 3rd series online and it was sooooo good!
Would love if you came and linked up with us at the Humble Brag. We give away free ad space every week!
http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-18/