Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine’s Day & Other News


This morning I had to get the girls on the bus so I had to wake up early, I came out to put the coffee on and found these on my desk!
Hoosier 2013 007
About an hour after I got home a florist van pulled into the driveway and delivered this beautiful bouquet from the girl’s. A very nice Valentine’s Day for me.
Hoosier 2013 008
I still have to get drawer pulls for the desk but it is so nice to sit here and blog even with out the hardware on them, I can also see who pulls in the driveway too, which is nice, I’m enjoying watching the View again and my other programs on my TV that’s on the bookshelf.
Hoosier 2013 013
I love having my own space… plus cleared out the room too, it was time for a change in here!
Hoosier 2013 014
I finished the hoosier and still have to distress it and the desk
Hoosier 2013 001
I already changed the top of this, you can see my dad’s yardstick on the top but it doesn’t stay on very well, I used those glue pads and they didn’t work so it’s back in the corner again.
Hoosier 2013 010
My other “news” is they called me in for another mamo I was supposed to go tomorrow but they called to say the doctor wouldn’t be in that day and he had to be there for the tests, so now I go on Monday at 9:30 in the morning.  Gheece, now I have all weekend to worry! I know I shouldn’t worry but as you know it’s easier said than done, the what if’s keep popping into your mind!
Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone of you sweet people that stop by, I’ve really enjoying this part of my life, to be invited into your beautiful homes is such a honor!
It’s not all about the comments and stats, it’s about the niceness and friendliness of people who count.
I’ll be joining these parties ( I love linky party’s )


Rondell

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rondell! Oh, how wonderful to receive two beautiful bouquets! Messages of love. Now I love your Hoosier! I've always wanted one and if I found one now I wouldn't have a place to put it! ;)
Happy Valentine's Day and be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Cristina Garay said...

What a beautiful space you have created, Rondell! The desk, the chair, and now all of those precious items, I love it! Happy Valentine's day!
Hugs, Cristina

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Rondell,
What beautiful bouquets of love! I really like your painted furniture. The desk is in a wonderful spot. I probably wouldn't get much done if I was parked there. I'd be too busy bird watching. Happy Valentines Day to you and your loved ones!

Blessings,
Sandi

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such pretty Valentine goodies! Love your projects, too! I'll be keeping good thoughts for you, Rondell!

Babs said...

How nice! Two beautiful bouquets... the roses looks so nice on your desk. It's really pretty and the chair looks very comfy. Happy Valentine's Day!

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

Nice flowers! Happy Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

Rondell, what a great Valentines Day you've had-beautiful flowers.
I love both of those pieces already especially the color.
I'll pray for a good mammo result-your right, it's impossible to not worry a bit.

Judy said...

happy valentine's day rondell! i'll keep you in my prayers for your mammogram on monday...i had a similar situation about 15 years ago and it turned out to be a cyst but i know it can be scary. good thoughts coming your way!

Decor To Adore said...

Your desk and cabinet are just gorgeous!

As are the flowers. Thank you SO very much for linking up this Valentine goodness!

Unknown said...

This is my third try at leaving a comment so hopefully the third time is a charm.
How nice that your family showered you with flower for Valentines Day.
I love your new desk color, it is so calming. I love the fact that you can watch the view out the window and the View on tv at the same time.
On the mamo front I am sorry you will have to worry about this over the weekend. I have cystic breasts and in my experience they ask for a redo when the mamo is unclear or difficult to read for some reason not becausee they see something of concern. My thoughts are with you as you wait.
Traci

Debbie said...

I LOVE your cupboard with the blackboard doors, Rondell!!
You must be one special lady to receive all the pretty flowers.
Have a great weekend, sweetie.
xxoo

Inspired by you said...

What a lucky lady to get 2 bouquets! I got Girl Scout cookies but it is something :). Great job on the Hoosier and desk. Praying for you regarding your appointment. I have been there. Take care and good luck Monday.

Cindy said...

Hi Rondell,
I pray that nothing is wrong, God is good.
Your flowers are beautiful, you are very loved!
Your desk is really pretty, I love the hoosier cabinet, too, it's really gorgeous! I love the soft blue, it's perfect for the cabinet.
And thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I always appreciate your very sweet comments.
Love and hugs, Cindy