Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My First Ever Copy Cat!


Well, here goes, my first Copy Cat from a magazine actually I found it in a Pottery Barn catalog!  It’s the September 2011 one and it’s on page128 if you would like to take a peek. My friend Debbie from Debbie Doo’s Blogging and Blabbing is having a Copy Cat Challenge linky party and I decided to go because when I found this page I just couldn’t believe it and Deb’s party just popped into my mind and I knew I had to join in when she decided to have her second one!
Here’s what the picture looked like in the PB catalog…
P9121396
My first thought was “Hey, I have the biggest prop there, my couch! I’ve always wanted the PB slipcovers but now I don’t honestly know if I do. The next two pictures are close-ups!
Oh, how I’d love to have the coffee table and the Manhattan picture above the couch but it’s priced at $299.00 but there are always knock offs so maybe one day I’ll get lucky!
P9121397
I love the lamp too!
P9121398
So are you ready? Here’s my copy cat! First I must say that photo assistants have to have the hardest but fun job, I was wore out by the time I felt that I could photograph it!
I just used what I had but I did buy the brown pillow cover at the Dollar Tree and I stopped at a church rummage sale this morning and was hoping to find something's that would come close to the catalog picture. I did find four glasses that you see there for a $1.00!
P9141416
I did plan on getting some faux limes but that never happened and last week I passed on an ice bucket at GW, now I could kick myself but I just wasn’t thinking and was more than likely in a hurry!
P9141413
I did put a Pottery Barn bottle on the table that I moved from the entry way into here and it’s staying because it gives alot more room than the other one did! (Still would like to have the glass bottle lamp)
P9141410

P9141414
I hope you liked my copy cat, it sure was a challenge, sure I could have went out and spent money on something’s but I don’t think it would have been as much fun as putting it all together like I did and it also taught me something, that I can have what’s in a PB catalog picture, I just have to hunt for it and be on the look out for something that is close to it.
Have a great day, it’s beautiful here in Pa. in the 70’s!!!
I’m joining these parties, thanks for hosting ladies!
Magazine Copy Cat Challenge
Wow Us Wednesday

11 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Rondell! Kudos to you...first for NOT spending money. Totally not necessary, we should find inspiration with things we have. That is truly have the fun!~ You did an awesome job for your first time especially! I am impressed with all of you ladies. Thanks for joining. I will doing this monthly so have your mind going each time you pick up a mag, and look around your lovely home to see what you can do. Keeps our brains functioning LOL. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Awesome! You did a great job. I love it. I want to try this, but I am just a little scared. Maybe next time. I like your's better than PB! You've inspired me!

Honey at 2805 said...

Your did a terrific job of re-creating the Pottery Barn look with what you have!

Hope you will bring one of your creative posts or porjects to Potpourri Friday! It's a fun party and you would be an asset!

Blondie's Journal said...

You did a wonderful job!! I love it!! Did you say that you found pillow covers at the Dollar Tree???!! Wow, I have to check that out!

I'm glad you had fun doing this. I am going to give it a try next month!! :-)

XO,
Janie

Michele Smith said...

You did a great job!!

Unknown said...

It looks great, you did it!!

Gina said...

You did a super job & the fact that you spent no money to do it is even better!

cynthia lee designs said...

Rondell,
It looks awesome!! You did a great job recreating the PB look in your living room without spending anything!! How fun!!
I love the Pottery Barn look and have been looking through their catalogs to get that look in our master bedroom.
Cindy

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Love your couch.
I'm thinking of repurposing some old jeans for some dining chairs.

Your copy cat 1st-- looks fantastic. And... you only spent for the glasses at a garage sale!

Good job.

Pat

NanaDiana said...

Rondell- You did a GREAT job! That is what copy catting is all about- using what you have without spending a fortune. You did it, girl! I love it! xo Diana

Ricki Treleaven said...

Very nice copy cat challenge entry! :D Your family room looks so inviting and comfortable! I want to curl up with some iced tea and a good book.