Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Two Fall Door Wreaths!

Did you ever do something to your home and think “That’s it!!! That’s exactly what I wanted it to look like.” That’s the way I feel about my front door, I am so loven it painted black! When I added my newly done yard sale wreath to it was an Ahhhh moment for me.

The wreathes cost me $2.00 a few years ago and I almost sold them at our yardsale this past August and I’m so glad I didn’t because for just a few dollars and using some things from previous years I turned it into a something so pretty. I priced fall wreaths already done out there at the stores and just wasn’t willing to pay the price although they were nice.  I added fall leaves one by one with hot glue then added ribbon/bow that I made from JoAnn’s. The orange sunflower and pumpkins are pics I also found at JoAnn’s.

P9071390 

This one is on the inside of the door using a double door hanger from JoAnn’s It was just a plain old berry wreath that I added leaves and pics to, I think they both came out great plus saved me money and you can’t beat that!

P9171452 

Here is how they look on the doors!

P9071389

P9221486

Here is what it looks like here in Pa outside the window with a screen still in!P9251499

Closer!

P9251500

The leaves have really been falling this year!

I’m joining these fab parties, thanks ladies for hosting!

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

Primp Your Stuff Wednesday at Primp

Terrific Under Ten Tuesday at At Home With K

Twice Owned Tuesday Party at House of Grace

 

Rondell

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty. I love them both and your door looks great! You done good girl1

Gail said...

Your wreaths are gorgeous and so are all your other touches of fall! I'm now following and really enjoyed my visit. Congrats on another beautiful grandbaby! I have three grandchildren and they are all boys. The oldest are twins and they are four and the youngest is two! I often say, I love my children but there is no greater love than that of a grandchild and I'm sure you can relate to that!

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Gina said...

Both are such pretty wreaths! What a nice "pop" against the black door too.

Don't you love when you're going to get rid of something, but don't, and end up turning it around into something fabulous?

Debbiedoos said...

Awesome! Glad you hung on to those too, they are so pretty. Your black door looks fantastic with the Fall decor. It will look great with any and all decor you add to the area as well.

NanaDiana said...

Your wreaths look beautiful. I have always loved this time of year in PA. It is my favorite season there- xo Diana

Sonny G said...

Both wreaths mighty pretty but I do love the one inside.. I too painted my front door black a few years ago and I LOVE it. it makes the whole house look classy..

It looks about the same outside here in NC. Since 3 days of rain over the weekend , the leaves seem to be changing before my eyes.

cynthia lee designs said...

Both of your wreaths are beautiful!!

Ricki Treleaven said...

I can't believe you added all the leaves and things to the berry wreath. It looks like a professional made it! Both look great!!!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Those are both lovely, Rondell! The outside one really pops against the door.

Elegant Economies said...

Love your wreaths...what a difference they make! We painted our doors the shiny black and love it, too! Very British!
Blessings, Audrey

Kelly said...

Your front door wreath looks so good! I need to get busy and get my porch decked out. I've been waiting on it to feel and look more like Fall outside and it is slowly getting there. Love it when the seasons change, don't you? Now, if the clocks could just be rolled back I'll be even happier. I'm tired of getting up when it's still dark outside! Ha!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Isn't it nice to have something perky on your door? Wonderful job at any price!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Your wreaths look great! You have given me some wonderful ideas! Love it that you started from a yard sale bargain - doesn't that feel good! Linda

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Your wreaths look beautiful! It's amazing what you can do by adding just a few new things to give it a whole new look.