Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Open Shelves are Up


I cannot believe it is all coming together, what began as a dream/plan is here well, almost. I still have to accessorize on top of the cabinets more and just get it the way I want everything and then I’ll show you the whole kit and kaboddle!
Now if I hung these shelves I would have just eyeballed it and hung them up where at least one would have been crooked but not Stush, the engineer in him won’t let him do it that way.lol  These shelves were just sitting there in the basement, Stush painted them white for me.
He levels.
P4052725

Measures so many times!
P4052726
Then I finally got to play!
P4052739
Do you like it? I went on my board on Pinterest that is titled Shelf Styling and got some ideas, the pictures that I saved showed me that different textures add interest and also showed what I liked and didn’t like for these shelves.
P4052741
So for now I just shopped my house and came up with what you see old bottles, the letters are from JoAnn’s, faux plant from GW and the mercury votives are from Target!P4052735
Starfish from Jamaica.
P4052737
Wine corks from Walmart!

P4052738
I hope you enjoyed my post today and glad you stopped by!

I’ll be joining these parties:

Show Off Saturday @ Nutmeg Place
Spotlight Saturday @ Classy Clutter
Home Sweet Home Friday @ The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ FMFDTY
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Friday Feature Party @ Redoux
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Thrifty Thursday @ Thrifty Decorating

Simply Klassic Sunday@ Simply Klassic Home

Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thur Life

Show and Tell @ The Delectable Home

Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

 

Rondell♥

32 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Rondell,
Love your shelves. I couldn't find shelves that I liked but I did find a shelf unit at HomeGoods and that's what I used to create a vingette. I really wanted something more like yours but Mr. Sissie couldn't hang a clothes hanger if you know what I mean! LOL!

I love how you've decorated the shelves. Very pretty.

hugs
Sissie

Debbiedoos said...

Beautiful Rondell! Love the vignettes. You will enjoy changing those shelves out per season too. Happy Easter to you and your family!

Dawn said...

Love the shelves and the way you pulled them all together. The blue is just stunning in the mix.

Alison Agnew said...

ooh
love the open shelves

i am so tempted to rip out
every upper cabinet i own
and put open shelves

not brave enough yet

yours look lovely
and thanks for sharing
at Fridays Unfolded!

alison

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Very nice!!! Open shelves add so much character to a kitchen I find. :)

Blondie's Journal said...

Your shelves are awesome. Good thing you had someone to hang them...I'm like you, I want to see the results right away! I love how you have styled the, the EAT sign is so cute!

XO,
Jane

Brandi said...

I love the way you styled your shelves, Rondell. Everything looks so nice together. You have a great eye.

Anne said...

Looks fantastic.LOVE those shelves.You did a great job styling them.Oh how I want to paint my kitchen cabinets.I know it is going to be a pain.But I really want to do it soon.
Anne

Goldie said...

I like it alot! Especially the old mason jars! I am doing a similar project, but i have to get the shelves finished and painted before i share pictures :)

Pamela said...

Love those shelves and how yo have your tems displayed on them! I always have the hardest time with display shelves. I can stare t them for hours and come up with nothing.Thanx for coming to the party!

Never So Simple said...

I love this look. I want to use this same style in my living room. Thanks for the pintrest tip. I will have to get some ideas. Once again your shelves looking great!

Donna

NanaDiana said...

Rondell- It looks really nice. I'm like you-stick a nail in and hope it's level..if not stick another nail in it. Love the engineer's precision he used. They look great and I love all the things you have put on them so far. xo Diana

LoeLaLoep said...

The shelves look so nice with all the decorations. I recognize that: whenever I have a new space somewhere, I go ahead and search the house for things that I can put there and suddenly a vase or jar look better instantly ;)

Liz @ Naptime Decorator said...

LOVE your shelves! It all looks just lovely - love the way you decorated them!!

Tonya @ My Cozy Little Farmhouse said...

Very pretty!

Meg said...

See now...

I put up a very similar shelf in our mudroom and failed miserably at staging them. You have the knack for sure! Thanks for sharing on Show Off Saturday!

XO

ANNE said...

Awesome look! What a great job you did of styling them. Looks so beautiful!!

xox

Kelly said...

You did a great job accessorizing those shelves! I wouldn't change a thing. Pinterest has helped give me some much needed inspiration too. Isn't it wonderful? I love your EAT letters on there too.

Lois Christensen said...

LOVE it! You have such beautiful ideas! Enjoy your weekend!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love your shelves Rondell and love the pretty vignettes too!!

Wild Oak Designs said...

Love the shelves!
Always nice to have Hubbies help....
come for a visit...
http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com
Nancuy

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I love it! You picked such fantastic things to show on those great shelves. Enjoy and Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Your shelves look great! I love how all the knick knacks come together!

Cristina Garay said...

I love those open shelves! they add so much character to the space you put them in!

Rettabug said...

These turned out really cute looking! I hope you gave Mr. Stush a big ole grateful hug & kiss for hanging them so perfectly.

I really like all the textures & different shapes you used. I need to think like that more often. I always seem to do balanced, even-steven, symmetrical on each side. B0RING!

fondly,
Rett

Unknown said...

PERFECT!! hugs

Joanne | a.k.a JoJo said...

Hello Rondell!
GREAT looking shelves and your decor design is pratical and GORGEOUS!

What a ROCKIN' job!
-Joanne

The Charm of Home said...

They look wonderful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Tisha Clapp said...

Your shelves look great! I love the open look, and you had some great stuff on hand for styling. I'm going to check out your Pinterest board on that. Thanks for linking up!

Leslie said...

GREAT job! I love what you did with the shelves and I may need to copy it in my own home!

Leslie said...

New follower!

Maria Elena said...

Beautiful shelves! I love the way you decorated them! Very pretty! I am your new follower!