Saturday, January 30, 2016

Making a Warm Cozy Livingroom




Well, the snow came and we survived, we got about 15 inches which was enough...

instead of 2 feet, we did have to dig out the driveway and down the road to connect

with the main street. So it was a crazy few days around here but I kept myself busy

by warming up my livingroom with new pillows and throw.



Pillows from Pottery Barn




In this picture you can see the new, red, plaid throw and red pillow, the 

the pillow in the middle is of New York City.




The tray I used for a centerpiece on the diningroom table was a thrift find and I

painted it with homemade chalkpaint.  I think my deer antlers and pinecones with

a prim candle holder and greenery looks wintery, I love putting things together

that I already have! I forgot to move the puzzle box, I always want to put one 

together but I seem to get to impatient.




I had some TJMaxx gift cards and loved this lamp, the bottom is a dark red
with a neat shaped burlap shade!





My rag heart that I love, I made it about two years ago and always bring it

out for Valentine's Day!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

I'll be joining these great party's:




9 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Love all of your decorating! We were snowed in at Hershey during that snow! I was glad to get home where we had very little!
Cathy

NanaNor's said...

I always love touches of red during winter-brightens everything up! I love your plaid throw-that was on my must have list this year, but never found one. Today while shopping, I found a cake stand that is red and will use in in another week. Hard to believe February is upon us. Glad you didn't get the snow predicted; here in Colorado we are having sunshine but cold days with snow on the ground.
Stay warm!
Hugs, Noreen

NanaDiana said...

It all looks just lovely- I especially like the rag heart wreath- perfect for Valentine's Day! Trying to get a few blog visits in tonight while hubby is feeling good. xo Diana

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm so glad you were able to dig yourselves out---it's hard work!

I love the changes and updates in your living rooms...pillows are perfect and I love yours...so pretty.

Stay warm and dry! :)

jane

Betty said...

Your pillows look so nice on the sofa. We got alot of snow too and hoping it will go away soon.

cynthia lee designs said...

Your pillows look great. The snow we had is now all gone...but I have a feeling that we might get more come February.
hugs,
Cindy

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Love your sweet rag Valentine's heart - simple and pretty. The red lamp is a fantastic addition to your room. I am especially liking the shade shape. Happy weekend to you! Jane

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Your pillow look so nice and cozy on the couch. Love the rag heart wreath. Glad you got shoveled out!

Finding Grace Interiors said...

Everything looks so pretty and cozy! I love how you styled the tray on your table! Thanks for sharing!