Friday, April 25, 2014

Nate Berkus Rug

If you have followed me for a while now you know I change the rug in here almost monthly,  I
just couldn’t find the right one that had all my requirements for this room.
It needed not to show dog hair and not show the crumbs that come from the kitchen that is off of it and has heavy traffic from the garage,
so I had to deal with the dirt and grease that comes from there. Couldn’t use a light colored one and it was hard to find a darker one
that I liked.
A trip to Target solved the problem, a Nate Berkus rug (I think you have all seen this rug in the rug aisle.) I loved it but not the price!
I walked out of there with it for $28.99 on sale.
And it’s reversible!
Nate's rug 008
I took a picture of the whole room with the rug but it just didn’t turn out, the sun was shining thur the big window with no curtains
that I took down, getting ready to paint here guys…so happy the colors on the walls will be gone that I have grown so tired of!  I’ll
try to get better pictures of the rug in the room and post them. You can see a little of it below.
Now here is my dilemma with lamps…remember the crock lamp that I talked about here?
Well, now I feel it just doesn’t go but Nate says to decorate with the things that matter and I do love it
but I feel it would bother me every time I looked at it.
hoosier 1214 019
Here is one that you can see a little of the rug also the paint swatches I did, none worked, to much blue
which I don’t want!
I have this lamp on there now.
Nate's rug 004
Tried it with the burlap shade and didn’t like it with the lamp base.
Nate's rug 010
Nate's rug 006
I’ve also been busy with my gallery wall in my diningroom, adding pictures here and there to get an “added as
time goes by look.” Different frames and colored and black and white photos all mixed together.
hoosier 1214 022
Loving the simplicity of this centerpiece
and the vase I used rope on.
hoosier 1214 024
hoosier 1214 025

I took down a tureen to put a basket of faux hydrangeas on top of the hutch.

hoosier 1214 021
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! I can finally say that spring is here in Pa.
Rondell

13 comments:

NanaDiana said...

LOVE your new rug. I love Nate Berkus, too! The room is looking great and your gallery wall is coming along beautifully. Hope you have a wonderful week! xo Diana

Number Fifty-Three said...

I love that rug & have a little version of it at our front door. :)

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

love the rug and the gallery wall. Happy Spring!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the new rug!! I really like Nate Berkus and was sad when they canceled his show on TV.
hugs,
Cindy

Dawn said...

I haven't been to a Target in forever and did know they sold a Nate line. You new rug is perfect :)

Gail said...

Rhondell, you have made some beautiful changes! I love your gallery wall! Enjoy your day, Gail

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Ohh I love the rug. I am going to have to run by Target and see if they have one for me. It looks gorgeous.

Love all the touches you have done and the gallery wall look stunning!

Kelly said...

I really like your new rug! What a great deal you got too. I like how the room is coming along. Looking forward to the full room reveal!

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

That's a great rug and an amazing price! I like the changes you've made and adore that hoosier cabinet. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!
Blessings, Deborah

The Charm of Home said...

That rug looks great there. Thanks for sharing!
Sherry

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Oh my, you sure have been busy fluffing! I love your new rug, can't ever go wrong with black and white in my book! Thanks for linking up with us at Best of the Nest.

Mary said...

I love that rug. I have the smaller one in my kitchen! Nice find!

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Love the rug. Did you make the vase with the roping. I love it,