Friday, January 30, 2015

Winter Blahs

Hello everyone, I know I’ve been gone for a while
but I guess I just hit a brick wall with blogging
plus it is January only three more days and it will
be gone for another year! It’s been hard doing
projects because of the weather and temps, we
have had some cold weather here in Pa. I asked
Stush bring in a dresser so that I could paint it.
I got a lot done on it but then ran out of paint,
we ordered the Deco Art paint from Home Depot.
So here it sits in the keeping room which I am turning
into a tv room and I don’t know if I’ll keep my desk
in here or not. The drawers are all done just have to
put a second coat on the body of it then wax it!
PicMonkey Collage
I’ve decided to clear out a lot of “stuff”I
see many of you doing the same and I know one
thing it has made me feel better. We have the
snow and cold here in Pa. until March so I try
to do some changing around like moving things
that have been in one spot for a year or more
and changing vignettes too! This is my coffee I
I did I’m loven the black, white and green!
january 004
Of course shopping is the best therapy, I
love to shop! I took the wire baskets from
where I had them above the stove and moved
some cookbooks over but then I was stumped
until I saw these cute little bowls at TJMaxx!
i phone 018
I always have trouble with a centerpiece for my
diningroom table because we do use it practically
everyday so I was looking for something that could
be moved easily. I found this basket on the
clearance shelf and knew this would be easy!
january 011
Thanks for stopping by, I promise to be back
again this week…happy hump day!
I enjoy Instagram if you would like to follow along with
me I’d love to have you! There is a button at the top
of my page just click on it and it will take you there!
I’ll be joining these parties:
 
 
 
Rondell

8 comments:

Gina said...

I understand how you feel. This time of year it's so hard to do the things we want when it's so cold & we're shut up inside, but at least you're getting some things done. The dresser looks great!
Stay Warm, Rondell!

Dawn said...

I find it almost impossible to take photos for posts when the sun never comes out. Soon winter will pass so hang in there.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I empathize. It does feel good to clean up. I love the bowls you found. I love unique bowls too.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Pretty vignettes Rondell and I love the dresser painted black! Is the color call Carbon?

Stacey said...

I'm with you! There are spots in my house that are still completely blank since Christmas. I just seem to have very little inspiration. It will come again though. :)

Debbiedoos said...

I hear ya Rondell! This time of year always gets me in a funk. Being in Buffalo, NY for a few weeks really added to that funk for more reasons than one. I am happy to be back home though and my Mom is on the mend.

Anonymous said...

Oh, your cabinet is going to be so sweet! I'm having a little trouble getting decor back after Christmas! Love your little bowls and the basket. Wouldn't it look lovely with a bunch of apples in it?
Have a great weekend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Donna said...

I can relate to sometimes having blogger block, too! and you are so right, the long cold winters don't always help matters. Love your new bowls! They look like French cafe au lait bowls:)