Friday, August 6, 2010

A Fun Day at Kennywood

 We spent the day in Kennywood, my kids and my granddaughters Sydney 8, Alexandra (Alex on the far right) 6 and the youngest Samantha 5. Here they are with Kenny Kangaroo and don’t know how that person in that costume did it, it was over 90 that day! So hot!!!
100_3162
We ate here at the famous Potatoe Patch…to hot to even enjoy the french fries with cheese on them!
100_3163
Ahhh, the merry go round, it’s been here forever  it seems and so beautiful at night with the lights. Kennywood is a amusement park that I’m sure my great grandparents went to, generations of families have been there including mine.
100_3159
I remember riding these cars with my dad sitting in the back of the car like I’m sitting with Samantha, she sure shook me up but was thrilled to be able to drive.
100_3165
The park is so pretty with flowers and trees!100_3161
 Soon I’ll post about my visit here!
100_3175
This is why I haven’t been posting more a week just been so busy going places but having fun and isn’t that what summer is all about? I hate to see it end!

Rondell

9 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, Rondell.....you brought back so many memories for me. I used to go there as a child to our yearly school picnic growing up in Pittsburgh.
Did you ever take the kids to Idelwild Park in Ligonier? Much smaller but a lot of fun for kids.
Linda

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

can't wait to see what you got at pottery barn..love that store.;) have a great weekend...stop by and say hi sometime.;)

Anonymous said...

Rondell,
Looks like you all had a wonderful time at Kennywood.
I can't wait to hear about your visit to Pottery Barn...I love that store!! I also love to go to their outlet store...they have some great deals there.
Have a great weekend.
~Cindy~

Candylei said...

Hi, thank you for stopping by my blog. Your pictures of the merry-go-round is great. I can almost hear the music. We had all of our country fire department carnivals already. Yes, school will start again soon!
I love your birds and roses art on the blog. I am a big rose lover too!

Candylei

Simple Home said...

It sounds like everyone had a great time. We've had temps in the 90's too, but I know it feels much hotter there since we have very low humidity. Of course, we don't have that beautiful greenery either, and I'd love to see that around here more.
Blessings,
Marcia

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Looks like a fun time with the grandies. We have a mall that has a merry-go-round, and they do love to ride that! Linda

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I haven't been to an amusement park in ages. Sure keeps you young with the grandchildren in tow. They are adorable.

I love Pottery Barn, but oh those prices!

hugs
Sissie

Debbie said...

Hi Rondell!!! The boarders on your blog are gorgeous!!!sooo vintage looking.
We took the grandkiddos to Michigan Adventure. The water park side was the most fun for me.
Yes...I fear summer is slipping away.
Looks like you are having a great summer!
Debbie@houseatthelake

Anonymous said...

Your grandchildren are adorable!! Glad to hear you've been having a great summer spending time with your family. You're right... that's what it's all about.
Isn't Pottery Barn great! So many wonderful things to look at... so hard to choose what to buy!
Have a great day,
~ Jo :)