Monday, March 14, 2011

Great Ideas Blog Hopping!

Have you ever did this, been blog hopping in the morning and seen something on another blog and jumped right up and hunted down everything you needed and created it? That’s what I did this morning when I saw this on Debra’s blog Common Ground, Debra had been to Spring open house in her area and took some wonderful pictures… so stop over to see you will be glad you did, plus get great ideas like me. So I thought “how cute and easy this would be to do, just a page out of an old book and some twine.
.IMG_1043
Here’s mine, a little different but it sure gave me the satisfaction of doing something today.LOL Today was a day of taking the oldest granddaughter to soccer practice and picking her up while her mom took the youngest one to Med Express for an ear infection!  Then cooking supper, vacuuming, washing clothes well, you get the picture, it was just one crazy day:0
P3140397
Nothing earth shattering but enough to satisfy that decorating urge we all get, just used a Dollar Tree plant and a page out of a book! See the ceramic balls? I got them at Pier One and yes, I painted my mantel Cottage White but I’m not so sure about it! I know it looks alot better than the blue but it just seems to bright looking. 
P3140395 
Do you think I should distress it? I know I don’t want to use the mocha glaze on it but I do have a walnut stain. I’m just not sure what to do with it, I know I was very, very tempted to keep on going with my paint brush all over the brick.LOL I didn’t want to push my luck though, all in due time:)
P3140390
Another view of it!
P3140392
I also had some wonderful news today, I’m going to be a grammy again (4th time) in September! My oldest son Nick and daughter-in-law Christine, he told me they took a video of Alex, who will be 7 the end of this month, when they told her last evening and said it was just priceless, she has wanted a brother or sister forever♥ Now everyone’s dream is coming true!
I’ll be at these parties:
http://athomewithk.blogspot.com/2011/03/terrific-under-ten-tuesday-5.html
http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2011/03/nifty-thrifty-tuesdays-no54-and.html
http://www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com/2011/03/spring-flowers-and-tuesdays-treasures.html

Thanks ladies so much for hosting these great parties
 Added…Mr. Linky won’t let me upload pictures to the parties I have listed, I’ll keep trying thur out the day, this happened to me once before then corrected itself. It’s saying that my pictures are to big, I’ve never resized them so it’s Mr. Linky”s fault!
Added today…I finally just saved the picture as a thumbnail and Mr. Linky excepted that, did anyone else have this trouble, I’ve never resized my pictures so I don’t know what the problem is. Just wanted to let you know that I’m now listed with the parties above:)
Rondell

10 comments:

The Decorative Dreamer said...

That is a cute idea and so simple! I love it! Congrats on the new little one! What a joy grands must be!

Tolentreasures said...

Everything looks wonderful as always! Congrats on the new addition! How wonderful!
Cathy

Gina said...

I love a creative & simple idea like that! That way I know I can do it without frustration. LOL

Congrats on the grandbaby!

Anonymous said...

Your mantel vignette is very pretty!

Congratulations on your wonderful family news!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Congrats on the new expected addition to your family!
I love your mantel. Maybe you are just not used to seeing it white but I like it. Your Spring like vignette is very pretty!

Patti said...

Congratulations on the upcoming addition. Hope they live locally so that you'll be able to visit lots and lots!!

The idea is very cute...LOVE the simpleness too.

Have a great day,
Patti

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Congratulations! That's such exciting news!

I think your mantle looks so pretty.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Hey Rondell...thanks again for visiting my blog...I followed you back. Congrats on becoming a grandmother again...my kids are grown but neither are married so I have a while to wait...Have a great week. ~Ann

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea!! I keep meaning to pick up some old books at GW to take the covers off of and now I want to do one of these wonderful little flower pots.
Congrats on going to be grandma again!!
~Cindy~

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Congrats on the new grandchild...how exciting for all of y'all! That idea is just so cute...I must copy you and Debra. Love the painted mantel...go for it and paint the brick...then I will be inspired to paint mine:)

Blessings,
Linda