Monday, March 21, 2011

National (not really) Take a Risk Day


The Nester is having a National (not really) Take a Risk Day and I thought I’d  join in! I’m showing the risk I took on when I painted my hutch/china cabinet.
P1210145
Yes, I really held my breath when I first approached it with a paint brush in hand.LOL I was scared to death but I did it, my first big piece of furniture to paint.
The more I painted the more I fell in love, I just couldn’t believe I had started let alone finished it.

P2040201_thumb[6]
It’s gorgeous isn’t it?
P2110244
P3210408
I love the soup tureens on top of it, all from GW by the way!
P3210409
Thank you Nester for giving me the courage to attempt something like this, I’ve followed her for a long time even when I was a different decorating style and I’ll always remember her saying “ It doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful” that’s when I had my aha moment!
I know some of you have seen my hutch before but hope you don’t mind seeing it again! The paint is Behr Cottage White!

Rondell

13 comments:

Hyphen Interiors said...

Very very nice change! Good choice on the paint color. I have a friend that has almost the same piece of furniture that I'm trying to convince to do this. :) Thanks so very much for coming by my blog, commenting and following! Means a lot to me!

Karen said...

You did a really great job it looks beautiful. I love painted furniture.

Gina said...

It is gorgeous Rondell! I'm the same way when it comes to attacking wood furniture with a paint brush. I'm always afraid that I'm going to be sorry that I painted it.

Bonita said...

That's beautiful! Actually, I like your hutch both ways. You've inspired me. I have a big brown ugly hutch that I keep looking at and thinking, "Should I or shouldn't I?" I guess I should!

Amber said...

It's lovely! The risk was worth it! :) i have a hutch that I've always envisioned painting too. I haven't taken the plunge yet.

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Rondell it is gorgeous! You really did do a specatacular job on that. I also love the soup tureens up top! So nice of you to give a shout out to your friend too! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rondell,
I love your hutch painted white!! Behr Cottage White is what I started painting my kitchen cabinets...hope to get back to painting them as soon as my back problems go away.
~Cindy~

Katie said...

Beautiful!!!

NanaDiana said...

Rondell- she is just a beauty! I am proud of you...it is scary to put that paint on a big piece like that the first time. You did yourself proud, girl...you did it! I love your tureens too..and can't believe you found them at GW!! Great post- xxoo Diana

Unknown said...

ooh! It looks so good! Sometimes risks are so worth it! All of your white dishes look fabulous with the new paint!

Eileen @ Cottage Beach House said...

I love it. That Cottage white color is one of my favs. And I swear by Behr paint. Now they make it with the primer included and it just gives the best coverage! I am working on painting a great big black laminate cabinet a Behr color called Table Linen. this will be an enormous change! Love the risk. Isn't it fun?

Angie @ Thrifty Like Me said...

Wow! It's amazing what paint can do! I've been been wanting paint some ugly furniture for a while now. Guess I just need to follow your lead and take the plunge!

Dana Gastelum said...

It looks GORGEOUS!! I've been looking for a china cabinet just like that to re-paint! Amazing job :)