Saturday, April 20, 2013

An Eclectic Look


I found this galvanized container at TJMaxx for $3.99 and couldn’t pass it up and “Paris” on the burlap made it even sweeter!
plants 001


plants 004
Philodendron … the only plant I can’t kill.lol
With chalk I wrote a quote about exercising , which I’ve been doing a lot of lately, my son is getting married in June and trying on dresses should be a happy time right?
Really liking this look below…I also put an old grain scoop on top of the books to hide the heat/air return.
plants 005

I read this everyday, it sure helps!
plants 002
I’ve brought out things that I love…
plants 006

such as this picture I bought in Jamaica 2 years ago.
plants 007
I only paid $5.00 for it, I bring it out in the spring because it reminds me of warmer weather. Nate says to have things out that you love and it will work, so I’m giving it a try.
plants 008
We will see how it goes and if he’s right.lol
I’ll be joining these parties:
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Inspire Me Please @ Love of Family and Home

11 comments:

NanaDiana said...

You are so smart. I do think surrounding ourselves with the things we love gives us a boost and lets us find happiness in even the small things. With our BIG world around us so out of our control it is nice to find contentment in our small part of the world- xoDiana

Leslie Harris said...

I love this post, especially the quote on exercising. I needed to see that before I headed out for my jog. Ugh. Some days you just don't feel like it (like today) :)
Leslie (Gwen Moss)

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

the galvanized container looks really cute...what a nice price too

Dawn said...

Love the huge grain scoop. Its the perfect touch and your water color is beautiful:)

Unknown said...

I love your picture from Jamacia-I get warmer just thinking about our visit there. ;-)
Love the pail and LOVE LOVE
the saying. Makes me feel better about my slow but steady pace.

Cristina Garay said...

We're going to meet someday, we shop at the same places...Target, T.J. Maxx..:) Great stuff there! I love the quote on the board :) and that pretty picture from Jamaica, such nice colors!
Have a great weekend!

Blondie's Journal said...

The bucket is very cute (I am a plant murderer, too!). And the cabinet...gorgeous! I liked seeing all of your pretty pieces today! Hang in there, I'm sure you are going to look beautiful for the wedding! :)

XO,
Jane

ANNE said...

So pretty and I love that painting!!!!

Have a happy weekend xox

Meeha Meeha said...

You had me at burlap... your home vignettes are so beautiful and well-balanced, I love every single one of them!

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I almost bought that same planter! It could not be cuter and looks great in your space.

cynthia lee designs said...

What a great container!! Love the old scoop too!!
Hope you are having a great weekend.
hugs,
Cindy