Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Subway Tile

Yes, I painted over the chalkboard paint, I wanted something lighter to bring out the counters more,
so I decided on beadboard wallpaper which I have had for a few years so this makeover would have
been no $$$ BUT my hubs wasn’t to keen on the idea of the wallpaper. He keeps remembering when
I had it in the bathroom and entryway then me wanting to remove it, which at the time we both swore
we would never have it again in our home! So he suggested subway tile and I’m thrilled!
Michael's birthday 023
Here is a picture of the primer on the backsplash.
iphone March 021
Here is a part that’s almost done…it sure is making it look a lot brighter!
iphone March 022
I took these with my iphone so I’m sorry for the terrible pictures but I wanted to get these
up fast since we were so busy.
In other news I still haven’t got the baskets for my tv/dresser but I read that Michael’s baskets
are 40% off this week, I’ll be sure to show you when I get them!
thanks for stopping by I always appreciate it!
Rondell

11 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

That's going to be wonderful, Rondell! Looking forward to seeing it finished!

NanaDiana said...

You just cannot go wrong with subway tile and that is what my next house is going to have (if I have my say)....It is looking brighter already. xo Diana

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Rondell I love the subway tile!! Can't wait to see it all finished!

Debra@CommonGround said...

love this, I really want to do this too!

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Hi Rondell, it looks so pretty already! You just can't miss with subway tile, so clean and classic. Jane

Gina said...

Oh your subway tile is going to be wonderful, Rondell! You lucky girl!

CD Loken said...

Love the subway tile, Rondell! We plan to use it in our kitchen remodel too! Thank you so much for sharing at The Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop!! Have a great rest of your week!

cynthia lee designs said...

Your subway tile is going to look awesome in your kitchen!!
~Cindy

Kelly said...

Oh I'm so excited for you! I love subway tile and told my husband I'd like to change our kitchen backsplash to that too. I can't wait to see it all finished. It looks great so far! Love the light fixture you have over your sink too. thanks for joining Share Your Style tonight!

Stacey said...

Your backsplash will definitely be lighter and brighter with a classic look. Love it!

Debbie said...

I love it, Rondell!
Your kitchen looks very similar to mine...lol.
We have good taste, do we not?
Debbie
xoxo