Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Window Boxes!

Our azalea bush is blooming, yay!!!


Well, I worked till seven yesterday and thought I could get back on here last night and post but was so tired when I got home so here I am this morning all bright and bushy tailed posting… until tonight when I’m tired again from working till seven:)
Yesterday before I left for work I painted my window boxes which had been white when I bought them at a yardsale for 2.00 apiece but painted them barn red two summers ago. It was time to paint them again some of the paint was chipping off and it wasn’t chipping off in a good way if you know what I mean! I decided to paint them after I had planted flowers in them of course but figured I’d go ahead and paint because they would bug me all summer long if I didn’t. Here’s how they turned out…I ♥ the new paint color on them!
Here they are all taped off, I can’t believe I painted after planting and you can see some of the paint chipping away!
P5100810
It was tricky but I got her done, actually didn’t take me that long! I also used the paint that we have on our garage door Khaki which I think looks great with the brown brick!
P5100809
Completed!!! Just amazing what a fresh coat of paint does! This is the kitchen window!P5110818
We have so much more work to do outside or I should say Mr. K does…we have two acres and every spring he goes around with the tractor and wagon picking up branches and cutting trees that have fallen during the winter weather. Here’s a view of the road coming up to our home! Loven my Boston Fern, I have two that I buy every year for the back porch!
P5110813 
Room off the kitchen window!
P5110817
Here’s a shot of our ranch home, yep another Boston Fern out front this year, I’m going to try and see if one will survive here. As you can see the bushes need trimmed and new mulch is needed plus I want to paint the door black…so far I’m loving it!
P5110819
Yes, I’m late for some of these party’s but that’s okay I love them too!
Terrific Under Ten Tuesday’s
Twice Owned Tuesday
Power of Paint Party
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Saturday Night Special
Transformations and Treasures
Open House Party Thursdays
Wow Us Wednesdays
Show and Tell Fridays
Tuesdays Treasures
Transformation Thursdays at The Shabby Chic Cottage
Flaunt it Fridays
Feathered Nest Friday
Thanks so much ladies for hosting!

Rondell

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paint is a wonderful thing. Great update! Love your Boston Ferns, too. They were my mom's favorite!
Take care!
~Michelle :)

Ispirato Design said...

Amazing transformation- I like the beige color much better...the flowers are pretty enough :)

Leslie said...

Hi, Rondell! How have you been? I don't blog surf or post like I once did so I have lost touch with so many of my dear blogging friends :(. I'm trying to post more & people may not read but that's okay with me. It's an outlet.

I see you're still working on your shabby decor makeover. It does take awhile to change your decor. It took me so long to go Prim that I can't imagine changing right now..lol I am just enjoying what I have for a change and not making and doing as much.

Hope all is well with you! :)

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Your window boxes look great. I hope to get some flowers put out on my porch soon. I'm worried that all the rain we have had will drown them and they are calling for more rain for the next several days.

Cindy

Debra said...

Very pretty! I love window boxes. Yours look so nice.

Object of Maya*ffection said...

The Lighter color looks GREAT!

KK said...

Oh yes...the khaki looks great. I love ferns too. They are a porch staple here in the south. I get the mondo fern every year for my porch.

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

2 acres is HUGE! It looks great, though. I like your planter boxes. I think I need a few. :) Some ferns, too, now that I see how pretty yours look hanging there.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Oh I love your window boxes! I have them on nearly every window of our house too~ I really need to get going on getting them planted for the year! Would love for you to share this inspiration at Feathered Nest Friday - the party is up late due to blogger issues- but it going on right now! :)

Diann said...

Nice transformation! they look so pretty.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

LOVE how the Khaki paint looks beside your brick! Great choice. I love Boston Ferns, too. I usually keep a couple out back but don't have a good place to put them come winter. Found you thru Creating a House of Grace and so happy to find your pretty blog! I'm having a blog party and giveaway soon so hop on over to visit me when you get a chance!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Gina said...

Your flower boxes look so nice! The new color is great with your brick.

Mary said...

I love this! I'd like to invite you to post it on Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage. The link will be up all week, I hope you can join in. Have a nice week, Mary :O)

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)