Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day and My Mom♥

Mom has been gone going on ten years now, can't believe it! In the picture below she is in her 20's.

Good morning blogger friends,
This is a post I did a couple years ago on my old blog and as I reread it I found out I still feel the same way two years later:)

Actually I wanted to blog about my mom...she has been gone for seven years now, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her... we were very close, my best friend, she loved me no matter what and I knew when she passed away I had lost that kind of love. Sydney was born a week before she died...God giveth and takes away but oh, how good He is because He knew that Sydney would help me in my grief :) To this day I still grieve for her in my own silent way, mom was a 50's mom such good memories of her when I was little, I get my decorating skills from her too...I remember she wanted a half wall put up between the livingroom and kitchen (when it wasn't the thing to have like that) and I guess my dad just was taking his good old time about putting one up so she ordered 2x4's and drywall that was delivered and while my dad was at work she built one herself!!! I'm like that too, I like to do it myself if I'm able.lol Mom also sewed my clothes and when I was in Jr. high and high school she would make my A line skirts then buy the sweaters and knee socks and shoes to match...I'd just show her an outfit in Seventeen magazine and I'd have it sometimes by the time I got home from school:)

I'm named after her mother who died suddenly when my mom was 27 about ten years before I was born...from what my mom told me they also had a good relationship and it comforts me to know that mom is now with her, I know my mom is so happy!
Happy Mothers Day to all of you and to you that still have your mom here with you...give her an extra hug and kiss, I always did that and now I can miss her without regret or guilt...Happy Mothers Day mom, you were a great one!
A poem from Google that I found that I posted last year!

You were my mother and my friend,
Which was unusual.
Somehow our characters still blend:
Your wisdom and my will.

I turned, and you were there for me;
I spoke, you understood.
I felt cared for, but also free;
You loved, and I was good.

I'm fortunate that I was born
To someone just like you;
I love you still. Though you are gone,
You live in what I do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post brought tears... I never cry! Just touched me. What beautiful memories you have of your mom. A very special and beautiful lady!

Happy Mother's Day to you!
~Michelle

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

This is such a sweet tribute to your mom, Rondell. It sounds like she was a wonderful woman and a great mom.

Ispirato Design said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! Such a beautiful, touching post. How nice for you to put this in writing for future generations- such a lovely lady! Have a great weekend!

cynthia lee designs said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mom.
Happy Mother's Day.

Cindy

Donna said...

What a wonderful tribute to your beloved mom! I think we never outgrown the need for our mothers, and you are so right, there's nothing that can compare with a mother's love:)

Hyphen Interiors said...

Such a sweet post!!