Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Forgot to Show You


The sun is shining this morning, so pretty outside, trees are blooming their pretty flowers and the grass is getting greener and greener by the day! Soon Mr. K will be riding the lawn mower around this big yard. I hope it’s sunny wherever you are!
I’ve taken pictures and loaded them onto the computer and sometimes I just forget that I took them, so today I’m going to show some that I took and didn’t post.
I needed something on the small space of a wall right there between the cupboard door and the door jam, something that wouldn’t stick out and mark the cupboard door when Mr. K opened it(not me,( I’m always careful;0) I didn’t want the pear picture back up there so decided to find something that was flat. About a month ago I stopped at The Salvation Army on the way home from getting my hair done,

P2202410
I found this breadboard for a 1.39 thinking I could stain it if nothing else. Then I remembered the stencils I had bought at Walmart and my stencil sponge at Hobby Lobby and decided to stencil it. Turned out great and I love the stencil sponge that I had a 40% off coupon and got it for $1.29!
P3182665
I didn’t stain it, I just left as is, the black at the bottom was already there. It’s flat and doesn’t stick out to harm the cupboard door!
P3182667
Also took this picture, I went down to the basement and brought out my popcorn crock/vase and the hydrangeas that I had bought from JoAnn’s a year or so ago.
P3192680
A trip to Target and I found this neat basket for $14.99.
P3192681
The turtles are from Jamaica, the wood one is all hand carved and I think I paid $5.00 for it. We leave May 26th, our 6th anniversary, for Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I’ve never been in the Pacific Ocean so I’ll have to wet my ankles, that’s about as far as I go.lol
P3192682
Here’s another one I didn’t share yet, the rattan vase that I found at either TJMaxx or Marshall’s and paid about $8.00 for it.
P3102586
This photo is a “just because” I think it’s pretty! I think it’s one of the first pieces of furniture my mom bought when my mom and dad married.
P3012496
Buster, this is where he usually is with his head on the windowsill waiting for Stush to come home, sometimes he barks when he sees an animal such as a squirrel but when he spies the blue car all hell breaks lose and he takes off running thur the house to the door.lol
P3022513
Have you seen this quote from Will Rodgers on Pinterest? Love it!
94153448429436197_s73v9bN8_b
Hope you enjoyed my post today, have a wonderful one! Please leave a comment, when I come home from work it’s so nice and relaxing to sit down and read what you took the time to say♥
Rondell♥
I’ll be at these parties!
Whimsy Wednesday @ Home Happy Home
Thrifty Thursday @ Thrifty Thursday Decorating
Share the Wealth Wednesday @ Laugh, Love and Craft
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday @ Primp
Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to  Yours
Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

9 comments:

Highpoint Circle said...

Thanks for stopping by highpointcircle and leaving an encouraging comment. It is so nice to know someone is reading! I love that piece your Mom gave you. I have a similar piece I picked up at an estate sale.

Gina said...

Thanks for sharing such pretty pictures. The breadboard looks to be the perfect solution and it looks great too! I love the table that belonged to your Mom & Dad. It's the scalloped trim along the top that I love!

Beth said...

I really like this, such a good image! I have a smaller cutting board that I want to add a decorative image to as well.

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Awww! Look at your cutie there by the window. That is so sweet. Your cutting board looks really great. That was a perfect find. I like the image you added to it as well. I am glad to see you are enjoying your kitchen as much as you are. You have really made quite a change and it all looks so wonderful!

Gail said...

Rondell, I love your goodwill cutting board! I have been picking them up here and there myself. They make great little fillers. The table that was your Mom and Dad's is beautiful and the way you have it accessorize is just stunning!! Hope you have a wonderful day, Gail

Debbiedoos said...

Everything is looking just gorgeous Rondell. You are getting so good with your camera too...big difference each time I come here. You are now on my roll too. I am slowly adding as comments are rolling in. I had to add each and everyone back, what a pain.

Shannon said...

Another cute addition to your kitchen! Love what you did to the bread board.

Unknown said...

Cute idea! Looks great in your kitchen. Thanks for linking up at Whimsy Wednesday last week, hope you will come by tonight for another party.
Amy@homehappyhome

Pamela said...

What great finds! Love the cutting board!