Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Really Fast Patriotic Wreath & I Was Featured


I needed a fast patriotic wreath, like now! I stopped in at JoAnn’s to see if they had anything to make one or buy and they had nothing, you won’t believe it but they have autumn wreaths out and autumn everything being put out on the shelves! I’m sorry but let me enjoy summer first, I mean it wasn’t even July 1st yet! I couldn’t even find patriotic ribbon in there! I had been in Hallmark first and had noticed  red ribbon with a white stripe
down the center of it, but with a 40% coupon I figured why not, I was desperate plus it was hot outside and I didn’t want to be running around to different stores, so I bought a roll of it ! Also bought some patriotic garland at DT to use and some polka dotted bows.
Here’s my fast, Patriotic wreath:
001

When I got home I went to the basement and looked thur my stash and found this grapevine wreath with a rusty, star garland wrapped around it from my prim days! So what I did was get out my glitter glue and apply it to the rusty stars, I used red and blue glitter!
024
023
Not the greatest but still good in a hurry!
025
Some flags in the planter!
021

The red geraniums I placed in an old marshmallow tin on the back porch!
020
I still have to paint a few chairs for around this table but it has been so hot everyday, we lost power last Friday at about 8 PM and didn’t it come back on till Saturday at about 11 Am. So Stush made eggs and bacon on the grill plus coffee in an old tin percolator…so good too!
013
I also was so pleased and happy when Natasha from Natasha in Oz featured my Crate and Barrel kitchen rug…thanks Natasha!
004
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful 4th of July!
I’ll be linking to:
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Primp @ Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
Cowgirl Up @ Cedar Hill Ranch

6 comments:

cynthia lee designs said...

Hi Rondell,
Your wreath turned out great...and I love the red geraniums in an old marshmallow tin!!
Have a Happy 4th of July.
Cindy

Anne said...

Congrats on being featured!!!! LOVE your wreath.Very pretty and patriotic!So funny I have to tell you this.I LOVE your campfire tin and your planter.I just recently found a rusty old planter stand.Similar to yours and that same campfire tin.Well mine is a bit taller.But the point is I did that same thing.I put that tin on my planter stand.It is in my kitchen with some dried hydrangeas in it :-). Creative minds think alike LOL.Have a Happy 4th of July.
((((((Hugs)))))
Anne

Kelly said...

All of your 4th of July decorations look so nice. I like how you placed your flowers in an old marshmallow tin too. So cute! Glad that your power is back on now. Sounds like you did a little "camping" while it was off! Have a great holiday today.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your home looks so festive and ready for the fourth, Rondell! Love the geraniums in the tin...mine is so rusted I can't even get the lid off lol! Hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

That's a lovely wreath made on the hop. I love the planter the geranium is in, a great use for an old tin. I hope you had a lovely day yesterday.

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

Great wreath! I can't believe they have Fall decor out already. I'm with you let me enjoy Summer first!