Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Baby Steps in the Livingroom

Yes, just baby steps, I found out that’s how it has to be done to get the look that I’m aiming for! Love Pottery Barn  a whole bunch as I know some of you do too! Oh, my though it can be expensive, our nearest PB is about 40 miles from here and unfortunely no Pottery Barn Outlet close either. So I haunt their online store and go right to their sale section to drool plus I get their catalog to read from cover to cover also. Here is my livingroom so far:
PB coffee table, thanks Craigslist and PB pillow cover for $14.99 online. I’d love a new sofa and I’ve been looking for months just waiting for a good deal to come my way. It’s over 10 years old and it’s time for a change I think and something else for above the couch I’d like too…but I have to remember “baby steps”.

006
We just painted our fireplace white this year and love it.
003
As you can see my livingroom is one long room that includes the diningroom!
PB’s leather chair, even on sale was just to much so I bought the Target one they had on sale one week.
007
Here is a better pic…I use old or neat looking bottles too for decorating.
008
This is the view coming in the front door.
012
Into the kitchen.
.011
As a side note I can’t believe it’s coming time to close the pool soon, love it on a sunny day like today!
015
I hope you have a wonderful week ahead and as always thanks so much for stopping by!
I’ll be partying at these great blogs:
Show Us Your Family Spaces @ Thrifty Décor Chick
Newbie Graduate Party @ Debbiedo’s
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Potpourri Friday @ 2805

Rondell

10 comments:

Brandi said...

I love the changes you made to your living room. Painting the fireplace white was a great idea. It really brightens your home. Have fun relaxing in your pool!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

beautiful relaxing space! and the pool? we only have an inflatable one for the kids!

NanaDiana said...

Rondell- It looks fabulous! You have done a great job and it is very PBish looking. It is hard to close up a pool, isn't it? Then you know summer has really come to a close- xo Diana

Gail said...

The baby steps you have done thus far looks great Rhondell! You have a beautiful home.

Gina said...

You've done a beautiful job, Rondell. Your living room looks great. Baby steps & you will have it exactly how you want!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

So neat to see how your living room is laid out. I had no idea the dining area was connected to your den. I get the baby steps stuff so much. The great thing is you actually know what you want, so that' s a major step IMOP! It's looking great!

cynthia lee designs said...

Rondell,
I agree...the baby steps you've done look great!! I do know how you are feeling...I'm having to do baby steps with changing my decor too. I hope to have a garage sale after the kitchen is done and then I can use what I make from that to get some new things.
Have a great week.
hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

I love your beautiful room! Thank you so much for following me. Your newest follower. HUGS

Debbiedoos said...

You have done an amazing job! I love your living room Rondell. thanks for sharing with the party.

thistlewoodfarm said...

You really have such an eye! I love your attention to detail....like that birdcage pillow!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!
karianne