Monday, August 27, 2012

Shiny Nightstand

 
Hi friends! I hope you all had a great weekend, we did, beautiful weather here in Pa. I think today is at about 80 degrees and a nice breeze with it too. Yesterday we worked out back to clean things up a bit, with a lot of yard you have a lot of work but we finished in time to go to a picnic!
The day before I had the bright idea to buy some Valspar spray paint in Metallic but when I got to Lowe’s all they had was metal, so I decided to give it a go on my nightstand which I had found for $15.00 at a yardsale, I’ve always loved seeing pictures of shiny, painted furniture from other blogs and thought I’d try it myself.
Here it is, not great but not bad either:
I found the gray lamp and shade for $2.00 at a yardsale this past May, I’m on the lookout for a different one and in fact looked for one Friday but just didn’t find anything I liked, I’m thinking of painting the bottom white, what do you think?
005
This is the only picture I could find that shows a before of the nightstand, painted white.
P2222446
I even sprayed right over the ceramic knob!
006
007
It’s different…I’ll admit but I like different sometimes don’t you?
008
009
To see it better I turned the light on, I will be truthful, I gave it three coats and it came out splotchy on the top and sides and legs so I asked Stush to fix it for me and after he finished I was so happy that it wasn’t ruined.
011
Also while at Lowes I looked at some paint chips for this room I’m really tired of the Gold Sand, so I pinned this to the wall above my desk to see how the light effects the three shades of gray. I’m sort of leaning towards the middle one, Gravity by Valspar. Oh, and the cutie in the top left of the picture is Nicholas, he will be celebrating his 1st birthday this coming week! I can’t believe he is going to be one already but he’s walking around now and so sweet:) Blurred to respect privacy.
015
Thanks so much for stopping by, always love to have you visit!
I’ll be joining these great parties:
Newbie Parties with a Twist @ Debbiedoo’s
DIY Project Parade @ DIY Showoff
Spotlight Saturday @ Classy Clutter
Sunday Blog Love @ Cherished Treasures
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality

9 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

So pretty Rondell! Thanks for sharing with the newbie graduate party.

Ricki Treleaven said...

:D I like different, too. Your nightstand is so chic! I think the whole room is cute.

NanaDiana said...

Perfect for your room, Rondell- It looks great! xo Diana

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I like the new look! and it will go even better with the new paint color

cynthia lee designs said...

The nightstand looks great. I love how it looks with the bedding. I like the lamp and I think that the bottom of it would look really good painted white.
Cindy

Kelly said...

I think your table turned out so pretty! It's very unique painted like that and matches well with your bedding. It's sort of like a metal table or even a mirrored one with that finish on it. I think changing the wall paint color will be nice with all the other changes you've made so far.

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

I love the new look! The shiny paint looks so nice on it. Well done.

Pam

Unknown said...

Love this look - great job!

Marble medallion said...

I like the brilliant new look. I hope that it will go even better with the new paint color at the bottom.

- Herman Swan