Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Start of Hanging Plates


SNS at Funky Junk Interiors is having a theme party called ~Decorating with Plates~ and since I’ve started to decorate with plates around my bookcase yesterday I thought I’d join in the fun!
The first plate I found was at a church sale and the 2nd is from TJMaxx on clearance for $2.00, I loved the black and white of it. The third one is an old platter that I think I found at the fleamarket a while ago.
plates2013 004
I found the one below at the antique store for $1.99 in N.C. I loved the green pattern and the maker is Homer Laughlin and the name of the pattern is Pastoral.
plates2013 008
I finally feel like decorating again, the tests came back negative thank God and you for yours prayers and good thoughts, they were the longest 7 days!
plates2013 005

I almost forgot to show you the other treasure I found at the antique store, isn’t it neat? I’m thinking on painting it, I have saved a picture of one on Pinterest and plan on doing it soon.
plates2013 007
Now for my first find at a yardsale this year, of course it was in N.C. but that’s okay the day was sunny but a little chilly but was so much fun to get out of the car and see “stuff”! I only paid a $1.00 but I just thought it was neat with the little lip on the rim to pour with.
plates2013 006
Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments too!
Rondell

8 comments:

Brandi said...

So thankful for your negative results. Hope your spirits were lifted!! Love your plates. You found them at such great prices.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

OH, I am SO glad that all your tests were ok! Great finds...and have fun with the decorating!

Dawn said...

Love the antique plate, it is so pretty. I love the look of plates on the wall, but I don't have a place to do that:( I will have to enjoy all the other bloggers!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Be careful, decorating with plates is addictive. LOL! I love the one with the scene. I will have to go check out his party. I bet it will be filled with all sorts of wonderful inspiration like yours. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Still loving the turquoise suitcase-I am so thrilled for you for your negative results. One of the few times a negative is a positive! Congrats

Anonymous said...

Hi Rondell! I'm so happy to hear your test results were good! Praise God!
Now your plates look wonderful and I'm in love with that little white bowl.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;0

Kelly said...

I love using plates to decorate with too. Yours look very pretty. So glad to hear that your tests came back good. That had to be the most difficult thing to wait on the results!

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Praise the Lord for negative results! I love all your thrifty finds and can't wait to see your finished piece!