Saturday, March 2, 2013

Antique and Retail Finds


Hello everyone! I do apologize for not posting lately, I just haven’t felt like it to tell the truth. I still haven’t found out the results of the biopsy yet, I guess it takes more than a week for them to get the results back. I do love to blog just had to take a backseat with it.
We had so much fun in Winston Salem, North Carolina. Jennifer’s birthday surprise turned out great! The weather was chilly though and the day we were to leave there was an ice storm, not to bad but we had to put off leaving for home for a couple hours.
We did a fun visit while there… in Mount Airy, which is the home of Andy Griffith star of The Andy Griffith Show and Mayberry RFD. Having grown up with Andy, Barney, Opie and Aunt Bea, I wanted to see the place that Andy fashioned his show from. I’ll do another post on it because there are just to many pictures that I took.:)
I will show you this one picture of the antique store I bought some neat things at. Two large floors of goodies!
007
I had a wonderful time there just looking around and the owners were very friendly as was anyone that we talked to that day.
Ok, this is what I found, nothing big or expensive.
I found this picture of a young lady, she just caught my eye, she was 20% off so I only paid $6.00 for it, the frame is old too so I thought I got a deal on her. Next is my very first doorknob, I don’t know if it’s brass or not, doesn’t matter, I guess this is a start of a collection for me because I can’t wait to fill a basket with them.
antique finds 001
antique finds 002
I’m so sorry I thought I had taken pictures of the other two things I found, one is from my first yardsale of the season in N.C., oh well, I guess I’ll just go on to the retail things I found and show you the others in my next post.
The pillow I found at Burlington and thought it would go nice in my office! Do you see what I did with all the Ball jars I have! I just piled them into a wire and burlap basket, now if I need one they are there.
antique finds 004
I bought a new bulletin board at Marshall’s and gave the one I made to my daughter, mine just looked to small on this wall this one fills it up nicely.
antique finds 003
antique finds 007
I stacked my two suitcases, something I’ve never tried before, at the antique store I saw one for $25.00, I paid $5.00 for the brown one with college emblems on it at the flea market one year and the turquoise one a $1.00 at an estate sale.
antique finds 006
The small suitcase I found at TJMaxx, I had seen it a while ago and was surprised to still see it there. I just fell in love with the blue, glass jar with the rope around it on clearance for $5.00.
antique finds 008
antique finds 009
The room is coming along, a lot of moving things here and there and just trying to get it right I guess. My next purchase will be anew rug for in here, I can’t have anything light because this is a high traffic area so I’m going to take my time with looking for one!
antique finds 010
You will find me at these parties:
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, I always appreciate it! I know I have a lot of friends I need to respond to but I do hope you understand why I haven’t been around.
 
Rondell

9 comments:

Meeha Meeha said...

What great finds, the vintage lady in the photo is very pretty and so are the pictures of your home!

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

Those are good finds! It takes time to find just the right things when decorating a room. It's coming along nicely!

Unknown said...

Love that lady's photo and the turquoise suitcase. Praying for good results on your biopsy.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love how your room is looking!! I've been thinking about you and praying for good results.
hugs,
Cindy

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Great finds. It's a terrific feeling to get such a deal. I love it too.

Debbie said...

Hi Rondell,
Just stopping in to check on you.
You sound down...and I certainly understand why.
Hang in there, sweetie.
Big hugs.
Debbie

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

beautiful finds! Hoping and praying the results come back negative

Anne said...

What beautiful finds! a lovely sweet vintage photo! Praying all is well with your biopsy!
xx
Anne

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful! I love a great find. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry