Monday, November 15, 2010

Why I Was at the Steeler Game

Here I am ready to go to the bus for the Steeler game yesterday evening, of course I’m all bundled up underneath the jeggings and Steeler shirt. What was amazing to me was that the baseball hat was warm…no wonder men wear them!
100_3423
On the bus and on our way, we are about 30 miles from Pittsburgh.
100_3431
When we got to Heinz Field we got to see The Great Hall, sorry about the picture but this is the Busses memiorbella. He’s retired now but sure miss him in the games!
100_3436
Jack Lambert!
100_3439
I have more pictures but I won’t bore you with them, now to get on to why I was at the game...this is a picture of my oldest son, he was being honored at the Steeler game for coach of the week! I’m very proud of him♥
100_3432
 Here we are before the game tailgating, Mr. K closed his eyes on this one!
100_3433









Can you imagine seeing your son up there? What a moment for me, all those Mighty Might football games I went to, all those uniforms I washed and tried to get white, captain of the high school football team… it all led to this for me♥
100_3449
What a moment for him too!
100_3450
Nick and Christine sat on the left there…right on the field!
100_3447
Just had to show you that dreams do come true for kids and Mom’s too♥
Have a wonderful Monday!
Rondell

13 comments:

Patti said...

Oh, what a wonderful honor for your son. Congratulations to him!!!

As I've shared with you before, I grew up in Pittsburgh, so I was living there during their first two (of 4!!!!) Super Bowl victories. I remember walking up and down the street with my friends, screaming, "Steelers are the best!!!"

And Jack Lambert was always a huge favorite...as was Lynn Swann, Rocky Bleier, Terry Bradshaw, and Franco.

Actually, I'm still stuck in the 70's as far as the NFL goes....I ONLY like the 70's Steelers...no other team, including today's Steelers. I'm pretty much a college football only girl now. (You know, can't be disloyal to the 70's "Steeltown Boys" by rooting for today's guys, right?)

Anyhow, what great photos...and, again, how wonderful for your son to be honored like that.

Blessings,
Patti

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. Coach of the week and being honored - wow, what an honor. Your son obviously is very deserving of the honor and of course what a treat for his proud mom!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great honor for your son! I'm sure you were beaming too! It is such an awesome thing to see our kids achieve their goals! Traci

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

How wonderful! What a proud moment for you.

You look so cute in your team getup. :)

Debbie said...

Wow! what an exciting evening for you and your family!
Your outfit for the game is awesome!!!! What a Mom!
Debbie@houseatthelake

cynthia lee designs said...

How exciting for you and your family!! One of those special times that you will remember forever!!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

How fun!!! thanks for stopping by my blog and joking about my age! ;) Of course I'm 28....plus 10!

Ana said...

Hi Rondell,
A great big Congratulations to your son...How very exciting for all of you.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Debbiedoos said...

COOOOOOL! What a proud Mama you must be. Not a Steelers fan, but hey it's all good!!~

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Well how cool is that?! I would be a proud momma as well! I think of my brother everytime you post about the Steelers. He's been a fan since he was little. :) And he's about 40.

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Wow! How exciting!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :)

Melanie said...

Congrats to you and HIM! Sorry the game didn't turn out too well but what a thrill for yall.

Thanks for the comments on my blog. Hoping to get the family room worked out this weekend. LOL!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Rondell!
What a wonderful honor for both you and your son. I know that you are one very proud Mom.

hugs
Sissie