Sunday, July 18, 2010

Busy Weekend, Wedding & Yard Sale

A happy Sunday to you!
I’m sure tired today it was one busy weekend starting Thursday night when Michael and Carrie came home from Annapolis. My youngest was best man in his friends wedding, my first outdoor wedding and it was so nice and pretty! Here are a few pictures:
The bride and groom!
100_3064
The Terrible Towel…all are big Steeler fans!
100_3066 
The Best Man & Maid of Honor!
100_3089

My son’s and I (Chris & Michael), now don’t forget I have two more kids but they were at another wedding!

100_3098
The Bridal table…notice her colors, aqua and green!
100_3077
The Bride’s Maids bouquets! I’m sure they are Hydrangeas.
100_3078
Floating Candle centerpieces!
100_3079
Birdcage card holder and guest signing table!
100_3071
Mr.K and I, we were married 4 years this past May 26th and we both forgot about it until a couple days later…we just blamed it on age.LOL
100_3108
After church we drove home so that Mr. K  could get into more comfortable clothes, on the way back we stopped at a yard sale just up the rode from us, I spied this bench and just knew it would be so pretty painted white with different fabric for the seat…she had $20.00 on it but I got it for $15.00!!! I’ m pretty sure I’m going to take out two chairs from the dining room table and use this instead, that’s the plan right now anyway and yes, I stopped like I was dressed to get this bench. LOL The sun is shining on it in the picture but it’s an orange so it’s from the 70’s.
100_3070
One more thing before I go, I saw this on this great blog Three Ring Cottage Gina had come up with such a neat Pottery Barn idea! I already had the pickle jar which had been filled with old cookie cutters, emptied it out and bought pea gravel and a candle from Dollar Tree and here it is! Love it, thanks for the idea Gina!
100_3035
I hope everyone has a wonderful summer evening where ever you are!

Rondell♥

14 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Nice wedding and reception pics. That bench was a steal at fifteen dollars. Can't wait to see it refurbished.

Anonymous said...

Rondell,
That bench will look wonderful painted white with new fabric!! You got a great deal on it.
Love the candle in your old jar!!
~Cindy~

Debbie said...

Hi Rondell~~~looks like a great weekend. LOVE the bench you found.
My step-grandson is still up and it's after 10:30....ugh, I need some sleep. I have to work tomorrow.
Thank you for stopping by.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Janene said...

You got that bench at a great bargain price. When I went to an auction last year I saw one, almost identical, and it went for over $40!
Too rich for my wallet!
You look beautiful in your wedding attire.
Happy "belated" anniversary!

Carmen S. said...

Hi Rondell~ I LOVE that pickle jar idea!!! Love the aqua and green together too, very nice:)

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

The wedding colors are some of my favorites~it looks like a great time, too. :)

That bench was a steal! I'm looking forward to seeing the after photo.

Anonymous said...

A wedding is always such a fun event to go to! Great picture of you and your family!!

Love that bench!!

Thank you for voting for my arbor for the DIY club Challenge!!! So excited to have been one of the 10 finalists!!

bee blessed
mary

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What a pretty wedding. I love the colors!! Thanks for taking pictures of the decorations for us. Looks like it was a great time! :)

And what a wonderful buy with the bench! Can't wait to see it made over!!

Ana said...

Hi Rondell,
I love weddings...Awwww! But more than that, I love a great yard sale find...Hee, hee, hee. Great bench. I'll have to come back to see it's transformation. Can't wait. Thank you for stopping by today. Hope you have a wonderful new week.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Hi! Love that bench....it'll be adorable painted and pulled up to the table! The jar with the candle is a great idea, too! cute little white vase thingy - great deals! Linda

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I can just see that sweet bench painted a pretty creamy white and maybe the seat covered in a pink toile or burlap with a french stamp or stencil.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I'm following you now and will be back to see you often.

hugs
Sissie

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

What a sweet looking wedding. The bridesmaid's dressers are the most beautiful colour. I love you PB knock-off lantern.
Kristine
xx

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That bench is going to be great!! Can't wait to see it finished.
Penny

COTTAG3 said...

Wow, it is the exact same pickle jar...but I like the top of yours better. Looks great!