Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Shelf Styling Again With Pinterest!


Before I get to what I’m posting about today, I’d like to ask a question, on blogger when I try to add a blog to my blog/sidebar it won’t go thur it just says saving and keeps on saying saving with out adding the blog to my list. Has anyone else had this trouble? Hope someone knows and can tell me, it’s been going on for weeks now!
Here is what I’ve been up to today, I fell in love with this idea from Pinterest, it’s more than likely wallpaper that they used on this bookcase, I just loved the concept of it.
196047389998791538_LRyOOiWx_b
This one is painted than stenciled.
276408495849369996_JO6PbTXT_b
I think this one is just painted!
272819689896344710_oGSJqlqY_b
Here is mine I used scrapebook paper that I bought at JoAnn’s  and used double sided tape which worked really well, I had my husband measure each shelf and cut poster board to size, that way I can take it out and do again to my liking without the stress of painting inside the shelves.
P1312171
Sorry it’s blurred I’m still learning with my camera, anyway I just don’t know if I like it or not.
P1312166
So I quit right here in the middle of it.LOL I was so disappointed in it and how it was turning out!
P1312167
Just not what I thought it would look like, maybe I should paint the posterboard instead of using the scrapbook paper.
P1312165
Has this ever happened to you? To get so excited about a project that you have been wanting to do and when you do it’s not what you envisioned? Crushed!
This is real life though so I thought I’d go ahead and post this, I’m sure it happens to the best of us:)
Thanks for stopping by, love when you leave a comment telling me you were here! Have a great Wednesday everyone!
On a sidenote I tried to pin the pictures from Pinterest but didn’t work for me, so I added the imfo at the top of each picture.
I’m joining these parties:
Wow Us Wednesdays
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think it's sooooo bad! You are brave to post it even though you don't think it turned out the way you expected. Maybe it's because in the inspiration photos the accessories were all one color or very muted? I love your idea though and have always wanted to try it! XO Cindy

c. Joy said...

I love this idea. Once I used wallpaper to put behind shelves. I had used a blue floral in the kitchen and had enough to do the shelves on my bookcase. I taped it so I could change. I've been thinking about putting fabric on posterboard. Haven't tried that yet. ON TO BLOGGER question - for the last few weeks I've been trying to 'clean out' some of the blogs I follow but I can't figure out how to get rid of them. I don't handle change well and I've just recently gone with the 'new' blogger dashboard - wonder if I can go back to the old one? Happy Wednesday.

Goldie said...

I like it, i think that it provides a nice contrast and makes whats in the shelf pop out!

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

I think it looks great! I am redoing my laundry room and have a cheapo white bookcase that I am incorporating into that room for some extra storage. I think I will use this idea to dress it up a bit. I'm sorry it didn't turn out like you expected it to, but I still think it looks great! Hopefully you will find a solution you like soon.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I think that looks nice. I do like the back of bookcases to have something done to them whether it is paint, fabric or paper. Are you using Google Chrome? Everything on my blog works better since I switched.

NanaDiana said...

You know, I kind of like it, really. Maybe you just need to let your eyes adjust to it and see if it grows on you.

As to the adding things on your sidebar (especially new blogs you follow) I don't think anyone has been able to do that. It is a blogger issue and I hope they get it fixed. UGH- xo Diana

Never So Simple said...

I think your shelf looks good. I love the paper you chose. I say leave a few days then decide.

Donna