Sunday, January 30, 2011

Coming Along on My Hutch/China Cabinet!

  • I’m not done with it yet, just taking my time so that I do it right…here it is with the hardware off, I’m going to get new but haven’t decided yet what, I don’t know if I should go with the pewter or black, I’ll decide when I’m done painting it I guess.
I sure do take my hat off to you ladies who do this all the time, this is my first time painting anything so big, I’m keeping fingers, toes and everything else crossed that it turns out half as good as all of yours! So I’ve been painting while the light is good during the day and just sitting looking at it at night:)
P1270160
My dining room is such a mess, we can’t even use the table it’s just full of dishes and a paint can and brush, newspaper underneath it all…yuck.
I’d love to know what color I should paint the frames on the pictures on either side of it, right now they are a gold wood, so don’t forget to let me know in a comment okay? I’d appreciate any advice:)
See the washstand in the left hand corner, I bought two sample cans of Cafe Blue/ Valspar paint to use on it and put it in my bedroom as a nightstand. Plans for my bedroom are swirling around in my head so maybe that will be my next project!
P1300167
Here’s a closer look…I took these photos at night so that’s why there are shadows, I know one thing I can’t wait to tweak it and try out different things to put in it:)
P1300168
I have managed to change some things while the paint was drying, above the desk, which I found at a yardsale for $20.00, I put all white plates instead of two flowered ones that I had hanging there and I like the look.
P1280162
I forgot to show you this cloche I found at GW for .99, they do have them at Marshall’s for $7.99 but much bigger than mine, I feel really lucky in finding this one for so cheap!
P1280166
I was at Lowes and Walmart today and at Walmart I bought these green apples to put in this bowl that Mr. K gave me for Christmas, it’s a McCoy! I can’t wait to put it in the center of the table with the china cabinet in the background looking good! I’m liken my camera!!! Looks like you could grab one right out of the picture doesn’t it!
P1300171
 I couldn’t wait to show all of you the progress on the china cabinet, boy, do my shoulders ache…of course the kettlebell is one reason, I have to tell you that I can see the difference in my shoulders and arms because of using it I’m trying to get in better shape for that trip to Jamaica which will be here before I know it:)
I’m linking to Debbie’s Newbie Party, stop over and see all of us newbies, you will be so glad you did! Don’t forget to leave comment and if you liked visiting here at my blog become a follower, I know I’ll be doing the same, I can’t wait to get over there and meet everyone. ♥

Rondell

29 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

You have been one busy bee Rondell. I am thinking the frames perhaps in black, and distressed. Thanks so much for joining me...Have fun!!~

Dawna said...

I have a dining hutch redo to tackle as well....you are doing an awesome job! and you are right, some of these wonderful bloggers make it all look so simple! Here's to being one of the new kids on the block. Found you through Debbie's Newbie Party.

Can't wait to see the finished and all decked out hutch.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Rondell, the hutch is going to look so good. Can't wait to see it finished.

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

It's great to find your blog via the Newbie party! Thanks for coming to mine too!

I love the cabinet and can't wait to see what you do with it!

Have a great day!
Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement

NanaDiana said...

Rondell- I'd say you have got a great start on that cabinet...especially since you have never done anything that big before. Way to go! I love it already! I can't wait to see her all finished and "dressed". Your photos are really good- especially the one of the apples! Wow! Hugs-Diana

Allyson Pecilunas said...

Cant wait to see your transformation. I just found your blog from Debbie's linky party. I am now following along your blog. I am newbie too come check me out if you get a chance.

noplacelikehomeally.blogspot.com


~Allyson~

A Vintage Vine said...

I am in love with the white hutch!!! Great choice on color! I'm a newbie too...isn't this fun getting to know each other!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving how your hutch is turning out!! I'm helping my daughter with a project this week...but I hope to start painting my kitchen cabinets white next week. I have my wall shelf in their painted white already.
Have a great week.
~Cindy~

Betsy B. said...

I can't wait to see how your hutch turns out. I love the lines of it and the doors are so pretty.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looking good...it's always better to take your time:) I have a weekly linky party called NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS…would love to have you come by and join in on the fun…also having a GIVEAWAY going on…it’s a $65 gift card and some goodies from me!
Blessings,
Linda

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Rondell this is looking great! Cannot wait to see the finished projec. I'm sorry I'm at a loss on the frames. Maybe you could cooridinate the frames with whatever hardware color you choose. I am sure it will look great whatever you do.

Lori said...

Came over from Debbies. Love the cabinet, you will so love it finished. How fun to fill it.

Tys said...

I have a similar hutch, just a bit smaller. Have been wanting to paint it something fierce... just haven't gotten up the nerve yet!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Hope to "see" you around :)

Susan Freeman said...

I have a hutch that I have been considering painting too. You have convinced me to do it!! Thanks for the nudge!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Anonymous said...

You are making great progress with the hutch! I can't wait to see it finished! I'm following from Debbie's newbie party!

Theresa said...

Great to find you through Debbies newbie party! your hutch is looking great, I am going to follow you so I can see how the finished project looks! :)

Theresa

Rachel said...

Nice post.

Found your site from Debbiedoo's link up party

Hope you have a great week

Anonymous said...

Rondell!

That hutch is quite an undertaking. I can already see that it's going to be beautiful! It's a very nice piece of furniture. As far as the frames, I'd say an off white or sage. Not sure what color scheme you have in the room. I can't wait to see your hutch finished. Everything is looking great! Love the green Granny Smith apples this time of year. We had a snowstorm this morning and it's really grey. I appreciate the pops of color.

Hope you have a good week! Oh, and I like the look of your blog. Nice change!
~Michelle :)

Becca Bertotti said...

I can't wait to see the reveal on your beautiful hutch! You're doing a wonderful job! *Becca*

Anonymous said...

Rondel, I just recently did ahutch and boy it is a project! If you get a chance to seak over and look... Yours is coming along great though! you will so love it when done! Traci

Michelle said...

Hi Rondel, What a big project you have going on! I think the frames would look good in black, but then that's my favorite frame color:) Your hutch is going to look awesome once finished. Thanks for sharing. Michelle

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

The hutch is looking fantastic. It will be so much fun to decorate and fill with dishes. I would do the frames in either an oil-rubbed bronze or maybe a grey colour. I think black might be too dark with everything else light on that wall.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Rondell, I can just picture what the cabinet is going to look like with just the little paint you already added! It's going to look great!!

Amanda said...

Your doing such a fab job, looks really good already!

I've come over from Debbiedoos and will be back to see the completed project!

Debbie said...

Hi Rondell...how exciting! and what a change this will make for the whole room. I love what you've done so far, and am anxious to see the finished project.
I would do the frames to match the hutch, but you know me and white.
Have fun girl!
Debbie@lakehouse

Beverly@southernhomesweethome said...

Love your blog! The hutch is going to be great..excited to see it progress, we will do our this spring. Did you recognise the apples in my pics? I love them, the most realistic I have found and can't beat the price.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those apples are great...and I love the changes you are making! It's great to find a fun blog like yours! Happy blogging! ♥

Dwellings by DeVore said...

The china cabinet is looking great! I can't believe you found that cloche for $0.99!! Thanks for your input on my black bathroom.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Your china cabinet is going to look awesome. I would love to do that with my set, but I'm so chicken that I would ruin perfectly beautiful furniture just because I wanted it to be a different color. I'm working on my psche to get past that, though. As for the framed art on either side, it depends on whether you do some dark rub & buff type stain to accent your cabinet, but I think I would do something dark. Anyway, I'm a new follower because I can't wait to see how this all turns out. Good luck.
CAS