Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Favorites

 Hi everyone, I'm joining a party over at Happy to Design for Sunday Favorites  with host Chari. I just found this sweet blog and decided to join the fun...so click on the link and go have some fun with everyone who joined posting their favorite post from the past, this gives new followers or people that have been visiting a chance to see an older post of yours! This post, that you are about to read was one of my most popular:0 Please leave a comment, even if it is only to say Hi! Love hearing from you♥

Or as Mr. K would say “Shabby Sheick”… gotta love him!



I finally got them up today, the windows are all open and the AC is off and it’s a beautiful day! I love them, so what do you think? I just wish I had a better more expensive camera, the walls look like a pale yellow but the paint color is called Buff.

 100_3287

Here is what it looked like before the shabby bug bit me, I don’t miss it though, that’s how I know it was time for a change.

 100_2585

The chair I had found along the road years ago and had it stained and I had also given to my daughter, since she wasn’t using it and was in her garage I knew it was destined to be painted white.

100_3272

Here it is distressed and the pillow I found brand new at a yardsale for $3.00 it’s black ticking!

100_3273

Now I’d like your opinion…I only used one panel where ever I put the curtains, do you think I should use two? I just don’t want a drapey look I still want to be able to view the outside. This is one set of doors on the left side of the fireplace…

100_3279

In the picture below, door is on the left of the picture and the window on the right is where my diningroom table is, so you see I don’t want a wall of curtains, if you know what I mean. The doors only open on the side without the panel. I hope I haven’t totally confused you.LOL



I couldn’t resist showing the chandy again, the computer in the corner is my Mr. K’s he wants a roll top desk for the bedroom so that hopefully will be out of the corner someday, my lap top is on the table. My dream is to paint the Hoosier white and put the laptop on there, the thought of painting it is tiring though but it needs to be done. 

100_3277

Thanks so much for stopping by I so appreciate it and BTW I love your comments too♥

Rondell


100_3276

8 comments:

NanaDiana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NanaDiana said...

Oh- I had something wrong in the original post..so I reworked it a bit...lol

Just a thought- If you don't really need the cutains to begin with...what about just a valance...hung to the same level on both doors. It looks (in the pictures) like one door (are they both doors) is higher than the other. That way if you hung both valances (one would be a little longer than the other, of course) to the same level on each door they would look like a matched pair...and I think it would be quite cute. You could even use the panels you have and turn them sideways, and make a casing on the top..hem the sides and use the side "hem" as the bottom hem...don't know if this is making any sense or not...it is easier to DO than explain..LOL..

Of course, if you actually close the curtains for privacy this wouldn't work.

LOVE the chandelier! It is perfect! Hugs- Diana

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Now I hope you don't mind my opinion BUT, I would NOT use the panel "AT ALL"!!! Your doors are already dressed...I WOULD use a valence to soften it if you like. But not a curtain, I would go to a place like HomeGoods and buy the LONG grapevine(or similar) flower type garlands. They will soften and you can change the flowers with the season. JUST BE CAREFUL. remember Less is best. Don't use too many colors, keep it simple!
I LOVE what you are doing... I also liked your before picture too in the first photos... that is SUCH A CUTE story about the chair... I think we all do that!
Good Luck with all your projects... I'm your newest FOLLOWER
Hugs to you,
Donna

Diann said...

Hi Rondell!
Oooh girl, I love your chandy! It is so pretty! and that chair find, beautiful!! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Dede said...

I would have to agree with Donna on no panel.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love Sunday favorites! Love the chair cushion you made..and all the wonderful light you get in your home! Enjoy your week! ♥

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'd use a panel, either. I do love the changes you've made to the room. The white chair and sewing table are so fresh and really add cottage charm. Good luck in your window treatment decisions. :D Michelle

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Rondell...

Welcome to Sunday Favorites, my friend! I'm just tickled pink to have you join in with our Sunday repost party! What a great post, it definitely deserved a second showing! Looks like you have been working really hard redecorating your beautiful home! I love what you have done! Ohhh my...your chandelier is gorgeous and I love the white chair that you refinished! The black and white ticking pillow is perfect on that chair! Well my friend, I know that this is an older post...so I'm not sure what you decided to do about your curtain dilemma on the doors? I thought that adding the long panel to one side of the doors was pretty and it softened the space up! I'm curious as to what you decided upon. You have a beautiful home and it sounds like you're having a great time redecorating! It's one of my favorite hobbies! Hehe! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely home with us for the Sunday Favorites repost party! Sure hope you'll join us again!

I also wanted to thank you for adding Happy To Design to your list of blog follows...I'm honored, my friend! It's so very nice to meet you, Rondell!

Warmest winter wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design