Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Flora Doora


Hi everyone!
I’m having so much trouble finding things for my walls, I’m really stumped on what to do, so when I found the blog Flora Dora I fell in love with what Jane makes and sells in her Etsy shop. I wanted one so bad that I ordered one on the spot, I think it’s so unique and pretty. I wanted to hang it in my entryway from this peg rack which I found in Winston-Salem NC at a antique mall BTW. Yes, that’s me!
P1180114
It came wrapped in this pink polka dot tissue paper which I loved. I love the wrapping almost as much as what I had ordered.

P1180109
Isn’t it the neatest thing? It’s lined in plastic so that you can add water and real flowers plus it is so well made, I can’t wait to add the real deal, I added some nice faux greenery instead and I love it. Jane has others that are done in different fabrics but I wanted something neutral just in case I wanted to move it around, you all know how we love to do that! I liked the black ribbon that Jane use to tie a tag on so I left it for now.

 P1180117
Here is my entryway with it hanging from the peg rack, I love it!!!
P1180119
I know it’s a little bare looking in here (took this picture with the a different setting on my camera)  but I’ve decided to buy only what makes my heart go pitter patter and Jane’s Flora Dora did that, stop on by her blog and have a visit to her Etsy shop while your there you will be so glad you did!
P1180121
I also wanted to tell you about a great party  Karen over at Desert Cottage is having, a Share Your Love party where we can share all about our great love for our husbands, boyfriends or fiancĂ© and how we met them. Should be so much fun don’t you think? As Karen says “Who doesn’t like a good love story”?
How are my pictures coming along on my blog? I hope they are alot better than before for you. I’m still learning!
Have a great night wherever you are!

Rondell

15 comments:

Sonny G said...

Love the peg board you found. It looks great in your entryway..
Your pictures are clear and good too..

Nice to meet someone else near ws here in blogland..

Sonny

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Rondell!
I love her floora doras and yours looks wonderful! I love it.

hugs
Sissie

NanaDiana said...

Don't you just LOVE Jane? She is such a sweet gal. If you really want to make HER heart go pitter patter send her a sweet little kitty...and then watch the paper for impending divorces. Personally, I think she could hide a kitty in a Flora Doora for quite a while.

Your FloraDoora is perfect for your hallway..it fills the space up a bit and looks lovely. Hugs- Diana

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Rondell, that is just adorable. Perfect place too for it.
You asked me about my eyeliner, and I actually use shadow. I may have to give a tutorial one day....I get a lot of questions on that sometimes:)

Ellen said...

I like it!! What a great idea, good for you! Can't wait to see what else makes your heart pitter patter to hang on the peg board ;))

xoxo,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Love your Flora Dora bag. I have a door-knob bag like that and mine has red berries in it.

I so agree that we should only buy and decorate with what we love...and makes our heart go pitter-patter.

~Cindy~

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I love your it! It'll look so cute with flowers in it! Your pictures are looking good, too.

I'm trying so hard to only use what I love. I have a ways to go.

Chrissy said...

I just love your Flora Doora, she uses such great material and colors. I found her blog last week. It looks just wonderful on your peg in the entryway.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love peg boards?! They are so fun to accessorize. Love your Flora Dora! I'll have to take a look at her blog.

Have a wonderful night! I appreciate the well wishes. Josh has the flu... Sorry to hear you were sick this past month. No fun at all!

Blessings,
~Michelle

Christine @ sugarandtrash.com said...

this is really cute! I really love the peg board too.

Karena said...

Rondell you have given me some great inspiration!! I will check on your lonks!

Come and join in my Gorgeous Giveaway from Blydesign!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Karena said...

Links that is!!

xoxo
Karena

Farmchick said...

Hi there...I lost you for awhile but now I found you!! ;) Your entryway looks great...love it!! Come say hi :)

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Your flora dora looks lovely there in your entry way! I will have to go check these out. I really enjoy saying that too! I also really love your cute ruffled lampshade, that is so pretty. By the way your pictures look wonderful to me too! I especially love how that last pic glows, looks warm and cozy!

Laura said...

That bag is just really lovely!! Will go and check out the other blogs.. Your pictures look great, it can be so hard to get them right; i have started using free online editing from picnik as my camera isnt that fantastic. I have put one on my birthday wish list - right at the top!!
lovely to find your blog - great name!!
Laura c xx