Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Life Right Now and a Award

Yes, this is my life right now and I know I’m not alone, we are having ANOTHER snowstorm! I had plans to go to GW today to take bags that I have cleaned out of my bedroom closet and of course stalk/look around GW too but instead I’m contemplating on painting my hutch. I have the paint and I even bought my first Purdy brush, you would think I’d have it done by now and all tweaked but I think I’m a victim of cabin fever, just no gumption to do anything! Can you see the snow coming down?

P1260151

I mean come on!!! I’ve had enough, as I type this it is coming down even worse!

P1260153

This is a church across from us we are the only two that live up this way, the Steeler flag Mr. K stuck there, just can’t get on a tall ladder to hang it by our front door, and yes that is still a Christmas garland wrapped around the pole LOL, just has been to cold or to much snow to take it down.

P1260158

Now this has made me happy, I received the Stylish Blogger Award, hurray for me!!! It sure has made me feel wanted, in fact when I read Ellen’s comment I couldn’t believe it and it put  a big smile on my face, then to read Diane’s, well I felt truly honored! Going from one blog to another and from one style to another has not been a easy, I mean I was in my comfort zone with my other blog…but that’s what change is all about, getting out of your comfort zone and doing something new, it just has taken me a little while to post this wonderful award… blame the weather:)

stylish-blogger-award-image[1]

So thank you Ellen from Abounding Life stop by Ellen’s blog, she is a warm, and wonderful lady who loves her home and thank you Ellen for always taking the time to leave your sweet comments… I do appreciate it so much!

Thanks also to Diana from Nana Diana Takes a Break, love her humor and also her love of life…and you can also tell that she loves her grandchildren…love that! Thanks also Diana for stopping by, you both have been friends right from the start!

Now I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself:

1.I’ll be 60 in April and Mr. K’s birthday is the day after mine so he is exactly 1 year and a day older than me. To celebrate we are leaving for Jamaica, April 5th, with my BFF and her husband!

2.I love to read, I read Gone With the Wind when I was about 11 or 12 and when I was little would beg to be able to order books from grade school, I forget the name but you would order them and it was a big day when they came in.

3.I will be married 5 years this May 26th after a 25 year marriage went sour…like a lemon:) I was single though after the divorce for about 10 years and I had a great time but found out one thing…you can be in a crowed room and be lonely.

4.I have four children Michele, Nick, Michael and Chris, my daughter is 41, yah, do the math:)

5.I love clothes, boots, shoes and handbags. I remember my manager at Kaufmann’s always saying they were not purses but handbags and that has always stuck with me!

6.I love to workout and finally got back to it, I’m doing the kettlebell and the treadmill, got to fix what’s going down ladies!

7.My very best friend is my Father in Heaven, although I don’t say it too much on my blog but do mention it in my comments when needed, He is awesome! He got me thur the bad time of my 1st marriage and at that time I took His strong right hand and walked with him and I’ve never let go!

Now to list 7 bloggers, this is hard for me because I feel everyone deserves one and if you don’t want it that’s fine with me no feelings hurt here, everyone has different views on awards here in blogland. Myself I was honored and it’s a great way to get to know the blogger a little better.

1.Hilary…Sweet as June

2.Susan…Between Naps on the Porch

3.Becky…Clean Mama

4.Ashley…Forty Year Old Ranch

5.Sarah…Cozy Cottage Cute

6.Suzanne…Meridian Road

7.Amanda…The Hand Me Down House

You are all special to me I’ve learned so much from each and everyone of you from book wreaths(which BTW didn’t turn out to well but at least I attempted it)coffee filter wreaths and that one did succeed after days of trying.LOL What I’m trying to say is without blogging I would have NEVER tried to do these things but with all of you out there willing to share your ideas and beautiful photos I can at least attempt to try♥

Have a great day and hope your not getting the bad word lately… snow!

Rondell

 

 

 

 

 

 

18 comments:

Clean Mama said...

Aw, shucks :) Thank you so much!
xo, Becky

Peggy said...

How fun it was nice getting to know you better.

Gina said...

I know your pain Rondell. We haven't had much of a break from snow (& extremely cold temperatures) up here in NY either. It does get discouraging after awhile, doesn't it? Hang in there...spring will be all that much sweeter.

Linda said...

Hi Rondell.............Well, I am from
your old life.......
(Tomato Creek) but I still follow you faithfully and always love to see what you have done. Loved your post on Buster the other day.
Linda

NanaDiana said...

Rondell- We have lots in common! I knew we did...you know I knew!;>) I call my husband MrK everywhere except here...where I call him MyHero. I love to read too and read Gone With The Wind when I was about the same age...and Boy! Do I ever remember ordering those books- I think ours was through the Weekly Reader program and what an exciting day when that box was delivered to the school.

I have 4 kids- My oldest son turned 41 last year..AND I love purses...okay...YOU can call them handbags...I am calling them purses...because HANDBAGS sounds like FEEDBAGS to me (and I have enough of those stinking little cheerios and Cheezeits from some little girl that shall remain nameless floating around in the bottom of my purse already that it looks like a feedbag)..

You got me beat on the workout- I need to drag my lazy butt down to the treadmill again...AND I love the Lord too...even though I don't post about it much on my blog...there...see...we are practically sisters! ps...if we ARE sisters I sure would appreciate a sisterly gift of a trip to Jamacia...just sayin...Hugs- Diana

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Thank you so much, Rondell! I loved reading those tidbits about you... :) So fun to learn more about other blog friends. :)

Sarah

Sandy said...

I have forgotten my days living in Central Illinois and all that snow.. being here in sofla has thinned out my blood I'm sure, I might die living up there....Congrats on your blog award and thanks so much for your visit to my blog today.. I'm tired and may just not do one project this week! I'm going shopping and I'm proud to say "In the Sun"....come on down! :)
Thanks again
Sandy

Ashley said...

Thank you Rondell! This is such a wonderful community. I have learned so much through seeing other bloggers projects. There are many things I would have never attempted if I hadn't seen it in blogland. I loved reading more about you. I'm with you, done with the snow. Living in the south, I always romanticized snow. Because it would come down, look pretty, and melt in a day. But we've had so much more this year than we typically get and I am ready for some warmer temps. Plus my kiddos are going crazy being cooped up! Thanks again for thinking of me :)

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Thank you, Rondell! I loved reading your seven things. I learned a lot about you! And I agree. I've been so much more adventurous and tried things I probably wouldn't have tried if not for other bloggers inspiring me.

I'm completely jealous of your trip to Jamaica! That will be a nice change from all the snow you're getting.

Debbie said...

Hi Rondell...I like the new look of your blog. Did you paint the hutch? On my time off, I might get the bug to do a little touch up on pieces..who knows?
We have more snow coming for the weekend...it's okay..our trip to Sanibel is getting closer, so I can deal with the cold for now.
Hugs,
Debbie@lakehouse

Ellen said...

Hi Rondell,

Finally- I can get the computer to leave an comment to you... oy..
anyway, I mean every word to and about your sweet self, thank you for your kind words. I love getting to know more about you as well. Your anniversary is my birthdate... how about that! And the Weekly Reader Book Program, yeah, loved that one too! Can we still do that? ;o So glad to see you passing the award along to other deserving bloggers, but mostly enjoy seeing you in the spotlight.

xoxo,
Ellen

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I loved reading this and getting to know you better! Sounds like you have a fabulous trip planned! We are close to the same age...and I love to stay in shape, too! Hugs! ♥

Anonymous said...

Hi, Good luck on your hutch!! When it's all done it will be well worth it.Have a great weekend.

Kathy

The enchanted home said...

We have a lot in common....3 boys 2 are all grown up and 1 (15) who I am trying to keep under my wing as "my baby" for as long I can so feeling that pre empty nest syndrome and not liking it. Life goes by way too fast......anyway new to blogging, like your blog, so entertainging!
Please stop by mine since you love decorating and interior design..its about the building of our home and my passion for design and decor!
www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and for the sweet comment, I too am sick of the SNOW!!!! when will it ever end??? Happy Sunday

Pattie

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I'm sorry, I'm in a rush... did not get to read this post.
You commented about today's post (blogging tips)
Your comment lands in my inbox, when I tried to reply via email I was unable because you do not have an email address attached to your blogger profile.
I recommend getting an email just for your blog. @yahoo or @gmail.
Sorry for butting in on your post-gail

Kathysue said...

Hi Rondell, I just saw your comment on my blog and I had not seen your name there before. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. You will love Boi~ing, it is a wonder cosmetic as far as I am concerned. Let me know how it works for you, Kathysue

Anonymous said...

Hi Rondell,
I'm from Picksburg too but haven't lived there since I left for college - I enjoyed reading all the "you know you're from Pittsburgh if..." statements! Too funny. My family is all still there and we try to initiate our kids into some of the old traditions. :) My mom is from Cheswick and my she and my dad still live in Beaver County. LOVED your hutch! I have a wood-colored one that I bought intending to paint so you have given me courage. I have 4 kids so it will probably be a while before I get to it. God bless you!
-Pianomom