Monday, January 17, 2011

Lamps and Things!


JANUARY!!! Can you think of a more boring month? !Snow is all I see when I look out the windows, I so want to see this…
100_2947
Oh, and especially this, I just love spring and early summer don’t you? The flowers are all so pretty and the grass so green, that by far is my favorite season.

100_3121
Since I can’t have any of the above right now I’ll show you what I have bought lately. My BFF and I just go shopping to get out of the house and look around or return things. I had bought a tablecloth at Bed Bath and Beyond for Christmas but it was the wrong size after the leaf was put in so instead I got eight leaf napkins rings for Fall (have to build my stash of dishes, napkins etc. up so that I can do a tablescape someday:) also the cutest , tiny gourd candles all for 75% off, I thought I took a picture but didn’t so I’ll include one next time.
I bought this mirror at Target for above my mantel, I don’t know if I like it there or not, maybe I’ll use it in the bedroom if I ever find bedding that I like!!!
P1120022
Lamp and shade from Target the lamp was on sale, I realized that I needed/wanted taller lamps:)
P1110091
I found this lamp last evening at TJMaxx on clearance for $20.00 shade included…score!

P1170107
I have it here now instead of the other one from Target, I moved that one to where it was before, in the front window. As you can see I tore some more covers off of books…Mr. K didn’t ask, just looked at me and went back to watching TV, I guess he just didn’t want to know;0
P1170106
Here’s the bottom of it and a closer look at my books and buttons!
P1170103
These vinyl chairs were on clearance for $3.49 so I picked them up, they come four to a tube, I won’t feel bad if one day I tire of them and take them down at that price.
P1170104
 Oh, and another deal, got this one at Lowes for $20.00 too, Mr K had taken my other one that I had found at a yard sale for $2.00, so I was lucky to find this one which is bigger.
P1170094
Well, ladies and gents, I’m going to heat up chili for supper, it’s really cold here so it is just the right meal to have this evening♥
I’m joining Kim at the Boring to Better Party and Cindy’s Show and Tell also my first time ever at a Coastal Charms Nifty Thrifty Tuesday. Thanks for hosting these great parties ladies!
Have a wonderful evening wherever you are!
Rondell

18 comments:

NanaDiana said...

You found some great buys, Rondell. I love that tall lamp...and I love your little white desk in the last photo too. I am soooo ready for Spring and we are at least a full 3 months away from any green here. Hugs-Diana

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Rondell...well aren't you the bargain hunter. I like the mirror, but can't get a good feel for it there. It looks modern against the brick, which could be fine too. If you like it, than anything goes. Can't wait to see you at the pet party on Monday. You may be interested in my last post.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Rondell, that was a score on that lamp. I love the shade that came with it too.

Anonymous said...

Great lamps and great price. DOn't you just love finding bargains like that?! I especially like the last lamp! My eyes are still focusing on the pool, lol!

Enjoy your chili! It's always better the second day! :) Michelle

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Mmm! Great deals, and the chili sounds wonderful! I love your new Mirror, alot! I too would love to be enjoying sunny weather pool side right about now though!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Love the lamps! I actually have 2 of the target ones in my bedroom actually! They're great.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

WELCOME to NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS...hope you are having a fun time here!!! Your lamp is very pretty...love her shade:)

Blessings,
Linda

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Great finds! Those vinyl chairs are really cute.

I thought I was going to bring the wrath of every librarian I've ever known down on my head when I tore the covers off some books. But nothing happened! Yours look great on your side table.

Anonymous said...

Love your new lamp from Target!! I've been trying to get up enough nerve to pull the covers off of some books...love how they look.
I'm so ready for Spring too!!
~Cindy~

Anonymous said...

Hi, You got some really great sales!! I love the lamp from target.I'm always in there.Today in new jersey it's sleeting. I rather have snow then this.

Kathy

René said...

I have seen so many great finds lately and yours are one of them. Makes me want to go shopping.

-Rene

Gina said...

You found some awesome goodies! I love the lamp from TJ Maxx & you really scored big with the shade included. Shopping is always the best therapy for the winter doldrums! :)

Ellen said...

I'm seriously loving your new lamps Girl!! Excellent finds, thanks for sharing. Gotta go and see what my store has.... ;)

xoxo,
Ellen

Jen said...

Oh wow, look at all your great finds!! Love the Target mirror and the TJMaxx lamp... those are my 2 favorite stores!!

Happy Tuesday Darling! xo

Oh, and be sure to stop by my blog for my swimsuit GIVEAWAY!!

Christine @ sugarandtrash.com said...

I totally love that white desk in the last photo! I hope that you will link up to my Show and Share linky party, going on all week. http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/01/show-and-share-sunday_16.html

Sue said...

I like that mirror and your TJ Maxx lamp, Rondell. And as for your cover-less books- I am a fan. I starting doing that early last year even before it became so popular in blog land and in the catalogs. I just liked the look and see nothing wrong with pulling off the covers. I read an entire blog post on it yesterday where most everyone was vehemently opposed to doing it. Sheesh, they're just cheapo books, people! Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I'll get back w/you soon.
~ Sue

Sue said...

HERE is the link I was talking about. I wholly disagree with the majority of these people! I e-mailed this to you, but your e-mail says "no reply blogger" so I doubt you got it. Let me know if you did, since your e-mail isn't listed in your profile.~ Sue

Donnie said...

Looks like you did some great shopping. Gorgeous.